It's in the air! Can you feel it?
Maybe this will get you in the mood:
http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-ar ... dimension/
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocumentCornerback Tye Hill has noticed that quarterback Marc Bulger is a content man – and an even more accurate passer – after receiving a six-year contract extension.
“He’s on the money with those passes right now,” Hill said. “That 22 (million dollars in guaranteed money) must have made him feel a whole lot better.
http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-ar ... -his-side/Brash as it might have sounded at the time, rookie cornerback Tye Hill's declaration in training camp last year that he was giving himself just two seasons to make the Pro Bowl looks considerably less dubious now.
Hill, the Rams' first-round draft choice in 2006, caught coach Scott Linehan's eye early in this year's camp and continues to turn in strong performances on the practice fields at Rams Park.
"What Tye is starting to do is be more consistent," Linehan said. "That gives him an edge that he probably didn't know he had as a rookie. You can see a much more confident player. ... I think he's ready to take his game to a new level."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocumentMike Rumph first met Steven Jackson in October 2004 at about midfield in San Francisco. It was a rude introduction.
Rumph, then playing cornerback for the 49ers, tried to arm-tackle Jackson, who was steaming upfield. Rumph needed two operations to repair the damage and missed the last 12 games of the season.
“I remember that play; I see it in my sleep,” Rumph told reporters later. “I remember thinking at the time, ‘Why am I doing this?’ But I stuck out my arm to try to trip him. When I was running off the field, I didn’t even want to look at it, because I knew it was bent pretty bad.”
Now, they’re teammates. Rumph, signed in the offseason as a free agent, said he hadn’t brought up the broken-arm issue with Jackson.
“It’s in the past,” Rumph said. “That’s part of football. But it is good to be on his team.”
>>The battle for the No. 1 center spot between Andy McCollum and Brett Romberg is as spirited as expected. They two are splitting reps with the first team.
>>Conversely, Claude Terrell has mounted little challenge to Mark Setterstrom at left guard. Barring injury, that job is Setterstrom’s.
"I Believe" is the Rams' marketing slogan for the second consecutive year. And make no mistake: Jackson believes. He believes his breakout 2006 season was no fluke. He believes he can continue to be the workhorse of the Rams' running game. He believes he can top his impressive production of a year ago, when he led the NFL with 2,334 yards from scrimmage.
And no, Jackson hasn't backed down from his stated goal of 2,500 yards from scrimmage — a figure that would eclipse Marshall Faulk's NFL record of 2,429 set with the Rams in 1999.
When asked what he could do for an encore in 2007 after that monster 2006 campaign, the answer came out as direct as a Jackson run up the middle on third and 1: "Twenty-five hundred total — total yards from scrimmage," Jackson said.




