Illinois

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Re: Illinois

Post by JL21 »

Popeye_Card wrote: Huh. I never thought North Dakota would be so corrupt. Good thing I have no plans of even stepping foot in that state, much less living there.
You're not living until you've been to Fargo-Moorhead.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

JL21 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote: Huh. I never thought North Dakota would be so corrupt. Good thing I have no plans of even stepping foot in that state, much less living there.
You're not living until you've been to Fargo-Moorhead.
Then count me in as livin'

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony

Post by maddash »

JL21 wrote:
Hudler wrote:That emissions junk is only in the St. Louis and KC area I believe. I've never had to have it done here.
In Sedalia, you pull up to an emissions testing station and a guy comes out, hooks your exhaust up to a hose, puts the other end of those hose in his mouth, and asks you to start the car. If it "tastes just right", then you're approved.
That's what I was used to in Illinois. Maybe it is just a city thing there testing stations are a pain in the ass... although I think in the city they do road side testing near on-ramps and match it to your license plate. I don't know...

I do know that I have more pride in being born and raised in Illinois than I do living in Missouri.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

maddash wrote:
I do know that I have more pride in being born and raised in Illinois than I do living in Missouri.
Have you tried calling it "Mizz-ur-uh" instead? It helps me. Makes the whole state seem more fun.

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony

Post by maddash »

Popeye_Card wrote:
maddash wrote:
Have you tried calling it "Mizz-ur-uh" instead? It helps me. Makes the whole state seem more fun.
Maybe. Nothing can top this pronunciation though:

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

maddash wrote:
JL21 wrote:
Hudler wrote:That emissions junk is only in the St. Louis and KC area I believe. I've never had to have it done here.
In Sedalia, you pull up to an emissions testing station and a guy comes out, hooks your exhaust up to a hose, puts the other end of those hose in his mouth, and asks you to start the car. If it "tastes just right", then you're approved.
That's what I was used to in Illinois. Maybe it is just a city thing there testing stations are a pain in the ass... although I think in the city they do road side testing near on-ramps and match it to your license plate. I don't know...

I guess it's all subjective. I've never had a problem with those testing stations. I've always been shocked at how quickly I've gotten in and out of there. Granted, it was a pain to fail a test, but I had a pretty good idea that was going to happen beforehand.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

just be glad you dont live in kansas and have to hear "oh, where's toto?!?!" everytime you tell someone yer from kansas

thank goodness i was at least born in missouri

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Lol...Nebraska isn't smart enough to be corrupt.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Jocephus wrote:just be glad you dont live in kansas and have to hear "oh, where's toto?!?!" everytime you tell someone yer from kansas
Being from Southern Illinois is pretty bad in it's own way. If you tell someone you're from Illinois, they'll immediately say something about Chicago, or otherwise assume you are from Chicago. I grew up on the opposite corner of the state from Chicago--like 6 hours away. Like I give a flying flip about Chicago.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

states I didn't expect to see on that list:

1. Mississippi (7.48)
2. North Dakota (7.09)
4. Alaska (6.06)
6. Montana (4.95)
7. South Dakota (4.86)

I'm still not convinced that anyone actually lives in those bottom 4 states. Is it corruption if all 10 folks who live there are involved in it?