Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by docellis »

oh i can't stand him. not because of his views - but because of his tendency to talk over people and I can't stand it when people yell at guests or tell them to shut up.

User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by Richie Allen »

BW23 wrote:It will go on and on forever. The only people taking him at his word are those who will defend him on just about everything.
I support Obama and I think he was referring to Palin. And I'm glad he said it. At what point was there an agreement between Obama and Palin that they were to play nice? I certainly think it's a lot more reasonable to poke fun of a candidate that continually refers to herself as a Hockey Mom and compares herself to a pit bull than it is to come onto the national stage of the Republican Convention (as a a complete unknown) and mock someone else's community organizing as being relevant experience. If you don't see the distinction and and recognize the more inflammatory of the two, not to mention which happened first, then there's no need to discuss it further.

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by obucard »

This thread:

Image

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

heyzeus wrote:I'm glad OBama went on O'Reilly, if nothing else, so that Bill has to stop proudly claiming "We've invited Senator Obama to be on our show, but he refuses to come" every day. I'd like to watch that. I think all politicians should be subject to hard questions from the opposing viewpoint.

Really though, is there anyone as clearly left as O'Reilly is right, that would be willing to fire some tough questions at McCain? Or maybe that's already happened and I'm just not paying attention.

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by docellis »

McCain used the pig in lipstick reference first, speaking about Hilary Clinton's policy on something or other.

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by BW23 »

Richie Allen wrote:
BW23 wrote:It will go on and on forever. The only people taking him at his word are those who will defend him on just about everything.
I support Obama and I think he was referring to Palin. And I'm glad he said it. At what point was there an agreement between Obama and Palin that they were to play nice? I certainly think it's a lot more reasonable to poke fun of a candidate that continually refers to herself as a Hockey Mom and compares herself to a pit bull than it is to come onto the national stage of the Republican Convention (as a a complete unknown) and mock someone else's community organizing as being relevant experience. If you don't see the distinction and and recognize the more inflammatory of the two, not to mention which happened first, then there's no need to discuss it further.
I don't have a problem with them mocking his community organizing.

You now have all the permission you need to ignore. Starting now.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by JL21 »

docellis wrote:McCain used the pig in lipstick reference first, speaking about Hilary Clinton's policy on something or other.
I find tremendous irony in this:
Torie Clarke, a former McCain adviser, even wrote a book called, "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning In the No-Spin Era by Someone Who Knows the Game."

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

docellis wrote:McCain used the pig in lipstick reference first, speaking about Hilary Clinton's policy on something or other.
That doesn't matter. Maybe you haven't heard. He was a POW.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

docellis wrote:oh i can't stand him. not because of his views - but because of his tendency to talk over people and I can't stand it when people yell at guests or tell them to shut up.
This. I hate arrogance.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by cardsfansince82 »

If anyone wants to watch the O'Reilly-Obama interview, it's on the fox news website chopped up into four 7 or 8 minute segments.

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

Locked