The Video Game Thread
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
resident evil 5 demo comes out on the 1/26 for the xbox (i believe the next week for ps3 users)...read that it has 2 online/split screen co-op missions...im definitely gettin' it
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30830
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I finally got Fallout 3. It's sweet, though damn if it isn't another next-gen dark brown and gray landscape. If you go up high in Megaton and look down it's hard to distinguish one building from another. Same out in the wasteland.
I think developers are getting carried away with using texture and lighting. In trying to make things real and gritty, it seems like they're not thinking about what's playable. It makes more sense in a wasteland, but even GTA 4 is like this in parts.
Fable 2 is very refreshing in this respect.
I think developers are getting carried away with using texture and lighting. In trying to make things real and gritty, it seems like they're not thinking about what's playable. It makes more sense in a wasteland, but even GTA 4 is like this in parts.
Fable 2 is very refreshing in this respect.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Featuring Billy Beane.
I guess it was only a matter of time.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30830
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Awesome interactive map for Fallout 3, good for finding weapons, items, etc....
http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/maps/1 ... Wasteland/
http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/maps/1 ... Wasteland/
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
im telling ya'll...get the resident evil 5 demo! 2 levels, both with co-op online, and offline (split-screen)...so much fun, intense and hard...if anyone wants to co-op that b!tch, hit me up...let's do it
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30830
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Forget the complaints I had about whatever.ghostrunner wrote:I finally got Fallout 3.
Loving this game. Going to marry it.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
hey haltz, i see you are now a silver member...i have two 48 hr codes i can give you if you want 'em...they should work
- robbotis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4791
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I've been playing Midnight Club LA like crazy. But I can't play online yet, cause everybody's out there has cars that go twice as fast as mine. It's rather frustrating being stuck w/ my 69 Camaro racing these $300,000 tuners that can do 220 MPH.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
thanks dude, that'd be great.Jocephus wrote:hey haltz, i see you are now a silver member...i have two 48 hr codes i can give you if you want 'em...they should work
Front Office Manager predictably sucks. I don't really know what's going on, like eg, I offered Ludwick and Wellemeyer contracts that they accepted, but when spring training arrived they were free agents. There's some other stuff that doesn't really make sense to me either. It's supposed to be realistic and obviously I'm a huge baseball nerd, so if I can't figure it out then I feel bad for some other people. Looks like it's getting poor ratings.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
no prob, i have no need for 'em...i'll PM (on here) them to ya later this evening....if i rememberhaltz wrote:thanks dude, that'd be great.Jocephus wrote:hey haltz, i see you are now a silver member...i have two 48 hr codes i can give you if you want 'em...they should work
Front Office Manager predictably sucks. I don't really know what's going on, like eg, I offered Ludwick and Wellemeyer contracts that they accepted, but when spring training arrived they were free agents. There's some other stuff that doesn't really make sense to me either. It's supposed to be realistic and obviously I'm a huge baseball nerd, so if I can't figure it out then I feel bad for some other people. Looks like it's getting poor ratings.
yeah...i did a little surfing about FOM...not too hot...did you buy it or rent it?

