The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

Got through 30 levels of horde tonight with some random people. I had the least kills but man, I wish "assists" were a statistic. If I had a dime every time I got a down and someone robbed it..

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Michael »

I tried playing Killzone 2 again, but it's just not doing it for me. The gameplay is bland, the characters are annoying and the environments are technically impressive, but boring. I don't really understand the high ratings this game has received. Perhaps I'm just brunt out on FPS shooters.

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by clevername »

I ended up having fun with it. It wasn't anything unique, but I don't have to have that type of thing at this point. It was a well made generic FPS and I'm cool with that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

picked up fallout 3 on saturday...i like it though i don't really know what i'm doing...its strange, its a fps/rpg game...and you've got to be so careful on what you do, say, etc...but i love that VATS system

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Tambourine Man »

Jocephus wrote:picked up fallout 3 on saturday...i like it though i don't really know what i'm doing...its strange, its a fps/rpg game...and you've got to be so careful on what you do, say, etc...but i love that VATS system
Mine should arrive sometime this week. I really, really hope it lives up to the hype.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Cronos »

Jocephus wrote:picked up fallout 3 on saturday...i like it though i don't really know what i'm doing...its strange, its a fps/rpg game...and you've got to be so careful on what you do, say, etc...but i love that VATS system

Once you're powerful enough to explode some heads with a single shot, VATS gets even more fun. :D

Fallout 3 was everything Oblivion was supposed to be except even better. Quite good.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

well well well...tamman has 1000 GS for fable 2...and im the GS freak?!?! :wink:

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Tambourine Man »

Jocephus wrote:well well well...tamman has 1000 GS for fable 2...and im the GS freak?!?! :wink:
Achievements baby! That game was a blast to shoot for a high score with. I'll rent it out down the road and nail all the achievements you can get with the DLC.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by TheoSqua »

Has anyone played Halo Wars or Command and Conquer 3 on xbox 360? I'm contemplating getting one of them, but i'm not sure how an RTS would play out on a console.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Michael »

TheoSqua wrote:Has anyone played Halo Wars or Command and Conquer 3 on xbox 360? I'm contemplating getting one of them, but i'm not sure how an RTS would play out on a console.

I haven't played either, but I read If you play a lot of RTS's on a PC you won't like them. Of the two, Halo Wars is considered the best because it was built with a console in mind.

Post Reply