Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by TGantz »

whiterat24 wrote:
Gantz wrote:I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
PaintItRed got a MLB card for x-mas, he just asked me if he could borrow a few bucks to place the order. I said no of course.
LOL

We have a new #15 in town... again. The real question is if I should get the Cardinals batting practice style jersey like my Edmonds one or if I should get a classic white or gray one? Or do I go cheap and get a T-shirt so I can wear it once or twice a week? I plan on naming my kid Matt and naming my next dog Holliday.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30840
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by ghostrunner »

I still say he goes to the Yanks or Red Sox.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I'm a very happy man right now.

Online
User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Radbird »

Nice headline pic on foxsports.com - "Working Holliday". Don't know how long it will be up, but it won't let me post the image.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by fanforever »

I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by stlouie_lipp »

ghostrunner wrote:I still say he goes to the Yanks or Red Sox.
Good one.

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31046
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Popeye_Card »

I have an inside source that says the physical may not be a sure thing. Something about not having a stomach, and having difficulty breathing in October. Stay tuned.

Online
User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Radbird »

fanforever wrote:I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?
Rockies offer was 4 yrs/$80M without a no-trade clause, IIRC.

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by fanforever »

Radbird wrote:
fanforever wrote:I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?
Rockies offer was 4 yrs/$80M without a no-trade clause, IIRC.

Thanks Rad. we got a steal IMO

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by fanforever »

holliday's 8th year vests at $17 mil if he finishes in the top 10 in MVP voting in the 7th year. #cardinals, #kingofthewinter 15 minutes ago from web
SI_JonHeyman

Locked