Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
I think we can safely blame Pujols' production falling off that cliff on Lugo's arrival and not Holliday's.
- Eephus Speed
- All-Star
- Posts: 1642
- Joined: August 28 09, 5:33 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Trade Ludwick?
-
Swatcat27
- All-Star
- Posts: 1830
- Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
-
Kasko
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 721
- Joined: January 16 08, 7:10 am
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Wouldn't be surprised.withAloe wrote:Trade Ludwick?
-
danh35
- All-Star
- Posts: 1473
- Joined: June 15 06, 8:56 am
- Location: Newark, IL
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
According to Leach, there is about $6-7 million left to spend.Swatcat27 wrote:how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Smoltz and a RP and done.danh35 wrote:According to Leach, there is about $6-7 million left to spend.Swatcat27 wrote:how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
- Eephus Speed
- All-Star
- Posts: 1642
- Joined: August 28 09, 5:33 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
~$5-6M, I believe. Can we trade Ludwick for Kelly Johnson?
And let's trade Lohse...yeah, right.
And let's trade Lohse...yeah, right.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Fixed.JCShutout wrote: Smoltz as a RP and done.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
I'd rather Smoltz start and Garcia be a swingman/6th starter (not too many innings after surgery plz), and then Smoltz can be a RP in the playoffs.Cronos69 wrote:Fixed.JCShutout wrote: Smoltz as a RP and done.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
5th starter is rarely needed to actually start every 5th day (due to off-days); if they need to give him rest they can do so. I'd like to see what Garcia's got. Besides, I'm not sure Smoltzy will go that cheap. At this point I would think he's going to go the Roger Clemens/Pedro Martinez route and sign halfway through the year.JCShutout wrote:I'd rather Smoltz start and Garcia be a swingman/6th starter (not too many innings after surgery plz), and then Smoltz can be a RP in the playoffs.
At this point, I'd say Lohse is probably going to slot in as the 4th/5th starter anyways.



