THT: The Best Benches in the National League

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by G. Keenan »

stlmark wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
JohtoVillage wrote:
With Scott Rolen's (and, occasionally, Albert Pujols') fragile health, his is a very important role.
Occasionally Pujols' fragile health? I mean I guess you can last year missing 15 or so games with that freak oblique injury occasional, but am I the only one who read that and laughed? I understand Rolen's fragile health, but to say Pujols has fragile health....
Yes. Pujols and the word "fragile" should never appear in the same sentence.
I agree Pujols is NOT fragile. To their credit, they did say occasionally. He has dealt with injuries throughout other seasons, but he plays through them. The foot injury,oblique strain and arm troubles years back, come to mind.
I know. We're just being nitpicky here. It just stuck out to me because one of Pujols' best attributes is that he plays almost every game. He's been on the DL once in his entire career. Something that has only happened once does not happen "occasionally" by definition.

I think 1st base is probably the last position on the field where the Cardinals are worried about depth.

Post Reply