I think you have confused me and Will Carroll for someone else.Jmodene wrote:Right. Like Herzog had a great track record with injuries (Martinez, Rincon, Fulgham, Littell, Cox, Mathews, Magrane, etc. etc. etc.)
Carpenter injury history
-
greenback44
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11665
- Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
- Location: In a Small Town with Jack and Diane
- picasso
- All-Star
- Posts: 1402
- Joined: May 12 06, 2:51 pm
I'd never thought about it before, but was Herzog "Baker-like" in his regard to starting pitchers? I don't believe managers of that era experienced the pitch count scrutiny of today's managers.Jmodene wrote:Right. Like Herzog had a great track record with injuries (Martinez, Rincon, Fulgham, Littell, Cox, Mathews, Magrane, etc. etc. etc.)
There were a lot of young pitchers who encountered arm trouble in the Herzog era (as you mentioned). But I never seen anyone accuse him of having his pitchers throw 130+ pitches per start. Is that because he didn't or because little notice was given in the 80's?
just curious.
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
