Page 2 of 2

Posted: April 2 07, 6:53 pm
by fewgoodcards
Team wrote:It will be interesting, I will post lineups for the first 3 games (Thu, Fri and Sat, when the Cards are in town) I am hoping to see Garcia and Perez pitch this weekend
you should get to see perez, but you are going to miss garcia. looks like the three starters will be parisi, lambert, and rauschenberger. boggs will be the 4th starter, and garcia won't start until the 5th game of the year.

Posted: April 2 07, 10:45 pm
by phins
fewgoodcards wrote:mather really should be listed with the infielders b/c he is going to be the starting 1st baseman. haberer isn't on the DL officially, but kary booher said he was going to be left behind in palm beach with a sore shoulder. also reported on the springfield website is that amaury marti has been loaned to the Minatitlan Petroleros of the Mexican League.
Wow. Hadn't heard we "loaned" him to the Mexican League. Kind of odd, but at least he'll get AB's there and it opens up some AB's at Springfield. I work and go to school in Springfield, so I should be able to see some of the games when our actual prospects pitch. I don't have much interest when guys like Rauschenberger pitch.

Posted: April 2 07, 11:46 pm
by cardfaninfla
phinstd wrote:
fewgoodcards wrote:mather really should be listed with the infielders b/c he is going to be the starting 1st baseman. haberer isn't on the DL officially, but kary booher said he was going to be left behind in palm beach with a sore shoulder. also reported on the springfield website is that amaury marti has been loaned to the Minatitlan Petroleros of the Mexican League.
Wow. Hadn't heard we "loaned" him to the Mexican League. Kind of odd, but at least he'll get AB's there and it opens up some AB's at Springfield. I work and go to school in Springfield, so I should be able to see some of the games when our actual prospects pitch. I don't have much interest when guys like Rauschenberger pitch.
You really aren't interested in watching a guy that won 13 games between low and high A ball in his first full season of professional ball? He had a 3.25 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP with a 1.87 GB/FB ratio.

Posted: April 3 07, 8:24 am
by fewgoodcards
yeah i wouldn't be ripping on rauschenberger, he might be the 3rd best prospect in that rotation behind garcia and boggs.

Posted: April 3 07, 12:33 pm
by longhornbaseball
For those who don't know, "Rauschenberger" used to be Meacham.

Posted: April 3 07, 12:35 pm
by Team
I figured I would miss Garcia since Warner doesn't even think he should be in AA

UPDATE: the Cards are on the field, stretching and taking BP for the first time as the "Springfield Cardinals"

Posted: April 3 07, 5:24 pm
by phins
longhornbaseball wrote:For those who don't know, "Rauschenberger" used to be Meacham.
I know this. I just don't think he's a big time prospect.

I should have phrased it by saying, if I'm only going to go to a few games, I want to watch Garcia and guys that pitch. Not Meachem or Lambert.