Page 2 of 2

Posted: April 16 07, 9:38 pm
by mju23
clevername wrote:
ndistops wrote:ESPN desperately hoping Fonzie goes on the DL - not sure why...
yeah, that's kinda an odd headline they have right now. I haven't heard anything indicating this is serious enough for a DL trip, yet that's what they're trumpeting on the front page.
It might just be an attempt to get people to read the Phil Rodgers article that had been posted earlier in the day, even if the article makes no mention of the injury. The picture and caption have nothing to do with the article.

Posted: April 16 07, 9:45 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
mju23 wrote:It might just be an attempt to get people to read the Phil Rodgers article that had been posted earlier in the day
That's just inhumane.

Posted: April 17 07, 3:51 am
by jdk82
stlmark wrote:I have Soriano on another fantasy team. Keep us updated someone.
Alfonso Soriano will undergo an MRI on Tuesday. He said he believed he'd miss at least five days with a strained left hamstring suffered Monday night.

"Yes, I don't like to get hurt," Soriano said, when asked if he's worried. "I know that I'm not going to be able to play tomorrow, so it's sad for me because ... I like to play every day. We'll see how I look tomorrow." Consider it better than 50-50 that Soriano lands on the DL. Felix Pie would likely be called up to play in his place and get a chance to start regularly in center field.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_MLB.aspx

Posted: April 17 07, 9:08 am
by 98navigator
jdk82 wrote:
stlmark wrote:I have Soriano on another fantasy team. Keep us updated someone.
Alfonso Soriano will undergo an MRI on Tuesday. He said he believed he'd miss at least five days with a strained left hamstring suffered Monday night.

"Yes, I don't like to get hurt," Soriano said, when asked if he's worried. "I know that I'm not going to be able to play tomorrow, so it's sad for me because ... I like to play every day. We'll see how I look tomorrow." Consider it better than 50-50 that Soriano lands on the DL. Felix Pie would likely be called up to play in his place and get a chance to start regularly in center field.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_MLB.aspx
I don't think Rotoworld has it right. The story here is that Soriano will not be DL'd. Felix Pie has been recalled, and the rumor is that Wil Ohman will be sent down to AAA Iowa.

Posted: April 17 07, 9:15 am
by haltz
I made like 800 fake dollars on Protrade because I shorted him about 20 minutes before his injury. Sheer luck, I just thought he was overpriced (as opposed to me having some sort of supernatural powers I guess?).
I don't think Rotoworld has it right. The story here is that Soriano will not be DL'd. Felix Pie has been recalled, and the rumor is that Wil Ohman will be sent down to AAA Iowa.
So are the Cubs just rolling with 11 pitchers for a series or something or are there possibly larger implications?

Posted: April 17 07, 9:20 am
by Transmogrified Tiger
haltz wrote:I made like 800 fake dollars on Protrade because I shorted him about 20 minutes before his injury. Sheer luck, I just thought he was overpriced (as opposed to me having some sort of supernatural powers I guess?).
I don't think Rotoworld has it right. The story here is that Soriano will not be DL'd. Felix Pie has been recalled, and the rumor is that Wil Ohman will be sent down to AAA Iowa.
So are the Cubs just rolling with 11 pitchers for a series or something or are there possibly larger implications?
Yeah, the 11 man staff is probably better for keeping everyone sharp anyways(I'm a fan at least). Only downside is that there's only 1 off day(next Thursday) for the rest of the month if Marquis starts to and Miller continues to crap the bed. Tangentially, I'm very excited to get to see Pie play.

Posted: April 17 07, 11:11 am
by Asmodai
Im so excited that we recalled Curtis Granderson with less patience and less present power. Isn't that excellent news?

Posted: April 17 07, 11:52 am
by 98navigator
Pie isn't the issue. Soriano not being seriously hurt is a sigh of relief.

Posted: April 17 07, 8:17 pm
by Snake Plissken
From Cubs.com:
CHICAGO -- An MRI exam on Alfonso Soriano's left leg revealed a minor hamstring strain, and he did not expect to need more than a week to heal. The Cubs medical staff apparently agreed, because Soriano was not placed on the disabled list Tuesday.