Thanks for the kind words Jmodene. I feel terrible for Josh and his family.Jmodene wrote:Mark,
Props for coming forth and saying that.
We often forget, in our attempts to be funny or critical (or both) in our role as fans that we're dealing with human beings here, but I commend you for having the guts to come back and recant as you did.
Josh Hancock:Official trouper of the St. Louis Cardinals
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
You shouldn't feel bad. You didn't value his life less than anyone else. Baseball is a game, and as such we place our opinions on someone as a player, and not a person. If you insulted him as a person, you'd have reason to feel bad, but you didn't.stlmark wrote:Thanks for the kind words Jmodene. I feel terrible for Josh and his family.Jmodene wrote:Mark,
Props for coming forth and saying that.
We often forget, in our attempts to be funny or critical (or both) in our role as fans that we're dealing with human beings here, but I commend you for having the guts to come back and recant as you did.
- Jmodene
- Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
- Posts: 15528
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
Well, sometimes the player and the person are inseparable.
I remember Jim Bouton writing that if, say, cancer researchers had the same kind of pressure on them as baseball players do, we'd've had a cure for cancer years ago - because the researchers would have either been released or sent down because "they weren't discovering cures fast enough."
I remember Jim Bouton writing that if, say, cancer researchers had the same kind of pressure on them as baseball players do, we'd've had a cure for cancer years ago - because the researchers would have either been released or sent down because "they weren't discovering cures fast enough."
- StL Dan
- banned
- Posts: 8159
- Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
- Location: St. Louis in spirit
++TheoSqua wrote:You shouldn't feel bad. You didn't value his life less than anyone else. Baseball is a game, and as such we place our opinions on someone as a player, and not a person. If you insulted him as a person, you'd have reason to feel bad, but you didn't.stlmark wrote:Thanks for the kind words Jmodene. I feel terrible for Josh and his family.Jmodene wrote:Mark,
Props for coming forth and saying that.
We often forget, in our attempts to be funny or critical (or both) in our role as fans that we're dealing with human beings here, but I commend you for having the guts to come back and recant as you did.
- businessmansspecial
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4284
- Joined: May 6 06, 6:22 pm
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
- Elphie15
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4625
- Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
- Location: St. Louis <3
This game will be the one I'll always remember Hancock by.
Rolen let a DP ball go through his legs that tied the game up and sent it to extras. Hancock was the last reliever left in the bullpen and pitched 3 shutout innings before giving up the go ahead run to the Cubs in his 4th.
We ended up losing in the 14th, but the impression was never lost on me. I've been a fan ever since.
Rolen let a DP ball go through his legs that tied the game up and sent it to extras. Hancock was the last reliever left in the bullpen and pitched 3 shutout innings before giving up the go ahead run to the Cubs in his 4th.
We ended up losing in the 14th, but the impression was never lost on me. I've been a fan ever since.
-
Musial_6_Pujols_5
- AA Minor League Player
- Posts: 36
- Joined: November 27 06, 10:31 am




