4-28 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
greenback44
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11664
Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Location: In a Small Town with Jack and Diane

Post by greenback44 »

Capt_Morgan wrote:
thrill wrote:I'm not going to panic because I knew this team could be bad going in.

Still plenty of time. Can't be on top forever.
but, i would have expected the world champions to come out trying to play like world champs
Seeing Piniella v. LaRussa, this team reminds me of the 1991 Reds. The 1990 Reds made it to the playoffs on a hot start (30-12, then 61-59 the rest of the way) and then had a hot October. Dave Stewart was right, they weren't really that good of a ballclub, and so they went 74-88 the next year.

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Post by clevername »

we've always got a shot.

Get Carp back healthy, Mulder comes back midseason and returns to form (crazier things have happened), and we trade for an impact bat and we're right there in this division.

If we can stay around .500 and not get too far back, we could contend in the 2nd half.

If the team stays as is, we're screwed.

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.

User avatar
Capt_Morgan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3255
Joined: April 17 06, 5:06 pm
Location: in the heart of cardinal nation
Contact:

Post by Capt_Morgan »

stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.

i am just frustrated right now.

i live and die by this team

it hard to watch them play like this.

User avatar
Third Strike
Everyday Player
Posts: 235
Joined: April 1 07, 8:54 pm
Location: Columbia

Post by Third Strike »

Capt_Morgan wrote:
stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.

i am just frustrated right now.

i live and die by this team

it hard to watch them play like this.
I'm the same way. Nobody likes to lose but times like these are what make the championships so sweet.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

Third Strike wrote:
Capt_Morgan wrote:
stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.

i am just frustrated right now.

i live and die by this team

it hard to watch them play like this.
I'm the same way. Nobody likes to lose but times like these are what make the championships so sweet.
Again, agreed 100%.

I want the Cards to represent the World Series Championship well. I don't want to hear from any other fans saying, 'I told you that WS Championship was a fluke.' I don't really care what other fans think, but at the same time, I do. I'm frustrated by the fact this team can't get it done at home.

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

Capt_Morgan wrote:
stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.

i am just frustrated right now.

i live and die by this team

it hard to watch them play like this.
It's true, Capt. It's hard to watch this team right now. But thankfully, we are not in AL Central. We are in NL Central. Don't panic. We will be in the thick of things come September.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

DiLLaGii wrote:
Capt_Morgan wrote:
stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.

i am just frustrated right now.

i live and die by this team

it hard to watch them play like this.
It's true, Capt. It's hard to watch this team right now. But thankfully, we are not in AL Central. We are in NL Central. Don't panic. We will be in the thick of things come September.
I so hope you tell the truth, Dill.

Brodie
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6190
Joined: April 24 06, 7:45 am
Location: Snow
Contact:

Post by Brodie »

boobies


after the last 2 games a good word just needed to be said

-Brodie

User avatar
Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8770
Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm

Post by Bo Hart »

This is pretty much what I expected. Zambrano always owns us, and there wasn't much reason for me to believe it wouldn't continue.

This is why last night's loss is so frustrating. Rich Hill is going to kill this team tomorrow.

Post Reply