Page 2 of 3
Posted: April 28 07, 6:35 pm
by greenback44
Capt_Morgan wrote:thrill wrote:I'm not going to panic because I knew this team could be bad going in.
Still plenty of time. Can't be on top forever.
but, i would have expected the world champions to come out trying to play like world champs
Seeing Piniella v. LaRussa, this team reminds me of the 1991 Reds. The 1990 Reds made it to the playoffs on a hot start (30-12, then 61-59 the rest of the way) and then had a hot October. Dave Stewart was right, they weren't really that good of a ballclub, and so they went 74-88 the next year.
Posted: April 28 07, 6:46 pm
by clevername
we've always got a shot.
Get Carp back healthy, Mulder comes back midseason and returns to form (crazier things have happened), and we trade for an impact bat and we're right there in this division.
If we can stay around .500 and not get too far back, we could contend in the 2nd half.
If the team stays as is, we're screwed.
Posted: April 28 07, 7:46 pm
by stretch
I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
Posted: April 28 07, 8:00 pm
by Capt_Morgan
stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.
i am just frustrated right now.
i live and die by this team
it hard to watch them play like this.
Posted: April 28 07, 8:59 pm
by Third Strike
Capt_Morgan wrote:stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.
i am just frustrated right now.
i live and die by this team
it hard to watch them play like this.
I'm the same way. Nobody likes to lose but times like these are what make the championships so sweet.
Posted: April 28 07, 9:09 pm
by stlmark
Third Strike wrote:Capt_Morgan wrote:stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.
i am just frustrated right now.
i live and die by this team
it hard to watch them play like this.
I'm the same way. Nobody likes to lose but times like these are what make the championships so sweet.
Again, agreed 100%.
I want the Cards to represent the World Series Championship well. I don't want to hear from any other fans saying, 'I told you that WS Championship was a fluke.' I don't really care what other fans think, but at the same time, I do. I'm frustrated by the fact this team can't get it done at home.
Posted: April 28 07, 9:20 pm
by Dillagii
Capt_Morgan wrote:stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.
i am just frustrated right now.
i live and die by this team
it hard to watch them play like this.
It's true, Capt. It's hard to watch this team right now. But thankfully, we are not in AL Central. We are in NL Central. Don't panic. We will be in the thick of things come September.
Posted: April 28 07, 9:23 pm
by stlmark
DiLLaGii wrote:Capt_Morgan wrote:stretch wrote:I know you qualified that Mulder remark, but I just refuse to expect anything positive out of him. Maybe that is overly negative on my part, but I just don't believe we'll get anything good out of him -- at least this year.
i was going to say the same thing.
i am just frustrated right now.
i live and die by this team
it hard to watch them play like this.
It's true, Capt. It's hard to watch this team right now. But thankfully, we are not in AL Central. We are in NL Central. Don't panic. We will be in the thick of things come September.
I so hope you tell the truth, Dill.
Posted: April 28 07, 10:33 pm
by Brodie
boobies
after the last 2 games a good word just needed to be said
-Brodie
Posted: April 28 07, 11:21 pm
by Bo Hart
This is pretty much what I expected. Zambrano always owns us, and there wasn't much reason for me to believe it wouldn't continue.
This is why last night's loss is so frustrating. Rich Hill is going to kill this team tomorrow.