Page 2 of 2

Posted: April 29 07, 11:23 am
by Outshined_One
boyer14 wrote:
fanforever wrote:I would not take a chance on a pitcher that pitched for Dusty Baker for the past 5 years
Your point is well-taken, but the problem has not been confined to Baker...it is organization-wide.
Jon Lieber and Kerry Wood say hi.

Posted: April 29 07, 11:29 am
by Phyrkrakr
Outshined_One wrote:
boyer14 wrote:
fanforever wrote:I would not take a chance on a pitcher that pitched for Dusty Baker for the past 5 years
Your point is well-taken, but the problem has not been confined to Baker...it is organization-wide.
Jon Lieber and Kerry Wood say hi.
Mark Prior would wave, but his arm would fall off.

Posted: April 29 07, 1:55 pm
by Michael
Jim Hendry's Chins wrote:
jim wrote:To be honest, I would be a bit concerned with Big Z if I were a Cubs fan. He doesn't look nearly as nasty as he has in the past, velocity is down, command is bad.
We are. His arm angle has been out of whack this season, and I hope he's able to get it corrected. It's only a matter of time until Marquis and Lilly remember who they are, and that could spell trouble if Z doesn't turn it around.

I suspect his arm angle is out of whack because of a shoulder injury.

Posted: April 29 07, 3:06 pm
by skmsw
Michael wrote:
Jim Hendry's Chins wrote:
jim wrote:To be honest, I would be a bit concerned with Big Z if I were a Cubs fan. He doesn't look nearly as nasty as he has in the past, velocity is down, command is bad.
We are. His arm angle has been out of whack this season, and I hope he's able to get it corrected. It's only a matter of time until Marquis and Lilly remember who they are, and that could spell trouble if Z doesn't turn it around.

I suspect his arm angle is out of whack because of a shoulder injury.
Anyone remember this post from Steverino?

I'd made a similar post early in the 2006 season, too, pointing out some of the emerging trends that worried me about Zambrano (a pitcher in general whom I really, really like). But for some reason it doesn't show up on the forum any more.

Mind you I am NOT claiming the honor of being right on the internet yet; it is early in 2007 and he may well be absolutely fine and end the season having his usual great year.

Or maybe not . . .

[cue ominous music]

Posted: April 29 07, 3:43 pm
by Michael
skmsw wrote:
Michael wrote:
Jim Hendry's Chins wrote:
jim wrote:To be honest, I would be a bit concerned with Big Z if I were a Cubs fan. He doesn't look nearly as nasty as he has in the past, velocity is down, command is bad.
We are. His arm angle has been out of whack this season, and I hope he's able to get it corrected. It's only a matter of time until Marquis and Lilly remember who they are, and that could spell trouble if Z doesn't turn it around.

I suspect his arm angle is out of whack because of a shoulder injury.
Anyone remember this post from Steverino?

I'd made a similar post early in the 2006 season, too, pointing out some of the emerging trends that worried me about Zambrano (a pitcher in general whom I really, really like). But for some reason it doesn't show up on the forum any more.

Mind you I am NOT claiming the honor of being right on the internet yet; it is early in 2007 and he may well be absolutely fine and end the season having his usual great year.

Or maybe not . . .

[cue ominous music]
The link has changed to:

http://www.gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19104

Click here