I Saw Juan E. Today

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
User avatar
New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4219
Joined: April 18 06, 11:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Post by New Pagodi »

Thanks for the photos. I really like those Springfield uniforms. I wish I could get to see a few games in person this year, but I probably wont be able to.

Leeyat
All-Star
Posts: 1287
Joined: August 10 06, 7:57 am
Location: Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Leeyat »

IIRC, it said that he didn't atten that parade since he thought he didn't contribute! --- For that I didn't like him!

sept79
Everyday Player
Posts: 192
Joined: June 15 06, 1:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by sept79 »

Old_Timer_1944 wrote:I guess there always has to be someone that some fans love to hate. When that same fan would give his left jewel to be in that particular player's place.
I do not like Juan E ($5 million this year) but I do not want to be in his place as a major league ball player as you imply. I would much rather see the $5 million this year and $5+ million next year spent else where. Bad acquisition by the Cards (which I stated early on last year).

As always, YMMV

cardfaninfla
Everyday Player
Posts: 239
Joined: December 13 06, 5:56 pm

Post by cardfaninfla »

Oh I don't know. Looking at what teams are paying for .280 with 19 home runs and 80 RBI, 15 mil over 3 years is pretty reasonable.

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Post by robbotis »

They can't call him up until he's at least hitting .200 right?

In which case, he may never be back up.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

robbotis wrote:They can't call him up until he's at least hitting .200 right?

In which case, he may never be back up.
They can call him up any time they feel like it.

User avatar
doe_boy
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10738
Joined: April 25 06, 9:48 am
Location: Appleton, WI

Post by doe_boy »

robbotis wrote:They won't call him up until he's at least hitting .200 right?

In which case, he may never be back up.
Fixed

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Post by JL21 »

cardfaninfla wrote:Oh I don't know. Looking at what teams are paying for .280 with 19 home runs and 80 RBI, 15 mil over 3 years is pretty reasonable.
I see both sides of it. On the one hand, especially the way the market has changed in the last 2 off-seasons, you're correct. It almost looks like a good deal, and at least a decent one, at this point.

On the other hand, we don't know if WJ knew that the market would take this type of turn. It's hard to give WJ credit for something that happened when he didn't know it would happen.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11727
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Post by mikechamp »

RC21 wrote:On the other hand, we don't know if WJ knew that the market would take this type of turn. It's hard to give WJ credit for something that happened when he didn't know it would happen.
So, would that be classified as an unknown unknown?

:wink:

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by planet planet »

RC21 wrote:
cardfaninfla wrote:Oh I don't know. Looking at what teams are paying for .280 with 19 home runs and 80 RBI, 15 mil over 3 years is pretty reasonable.
I see both sides of it. On the one hand, especially the way the market has changed in the last 2 off-seasons, you're correct. It almost looks like a good deal, and at least a decent one, at this point.

On the other hand, we don't know if WJ knew that the market would take this type of turn. It's hard to give WJ credit for something that happened when he didn't know it would happen.
Plus, the fact that the Cubs can't find takers for Jacques Jones means WJ would be hearing crickets for Juan. MLB is becoming flush with promising young outfielders, unfortunately they're far from free agency, cheap for their respective teams, and we don't have one of them (except Duncan).

Post Reply