Page 2 of 2
Posted: May 15 07, 12:47 am
by thrill
cabby7588 wrote: he was very dramatic with that hit, as I told my brother, he basically faked his death...but he probably did it to draw the foul..
It was smart. Horry could've been booted and they wouldn't have to worry about big shot rob at the end.
Posted: May 16 07, 8:14 am
by wart57
The NBA is teh suck. To suspend Diaw and Amare for going to help Nash is bogus. The Spurs are beating the hell out of the Suns players, but it is the Suns who get a bigger penalty? If that had been Duncan getting hit like that, would things be one-sided in the suspensions? Why didn't Duncan get suspended for leaving the bench area earlier in the game? I guess Nash will just have to show why he was the MVP the last two years, and should have been the MVP this year.
Posted: May 18 07, 12:45 pm
by GatewaySnayke
Why is everyone just now figuring out that the Spurs are a dirty team? Why was everyone under the delusion that Bruce Bowen just guarded players really tight? The Spurs are the Pistons circa Bad Boys era. It's a major turn-off, too, because basketball is not supposed to be pro wrestling, football or hockey. There's a difference in playing hard and physical and flat-out killing your opponent.
Posted: May 20 07, 2:45 pm
by ThatGuy
Posted: May 20 07, 7:50 pm
by Socnorb11
wart57 wrote:The NBA is teh suck. To suspend Diaw and Amare for going to help Nash is bogus. The Spurs are beating the hell out of the Suns players, but it is the Suns who get a bigger penalty? If that had been Duncan getting hit like that, would things be one-sided in the suspensions? Why didn't Duncan get suspended for leaving the bench area earlier in the game? I guess Nash will just have to show why he was the MVP the last two years, and should have been the MVP this year.
It's lame (from the Suns' perspective) to complain about the rule AFTER the fact. I didn't hear them complaining about that rule two weeks ago. Of course, maybe they didn't know what the rule was, or they would have stayed on the bench.
Duncan didn't get suspended because there was no fight on the court when he got up.
Posted: May 24 07, 12:13 pm
by Simbagal23
I was out of town and missed the game when all of this happened...finally caught the highlights days later. Anyway, I love the Spurs...ever since they drafted Duncan. I followed Duncan in college (because a kid from St. Louis played with him....Loren Woods maybe?) and continue to follow him in the NBA. This whole situation was a lose-lose for Stern. No matter what he decided, people would gripe.
As for the Spurs, I just find it funny that for years people called them "boring" and "vanilla".....now that they show some aggression, all of the sudden they are "dirty" and "evil". Oh well, they are still my boys no matter what!
