Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Post by Cronos »

Watching the Colts embarass the Patriots last year, creating "The Brady Face" is pretty high up there. I can't think of too many other great ones off of the top of my head(apart from Bartman).

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30833
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by ghostrunner »

maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
Wow, how did that actually happen?

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by StL Dan »

ghostrunner wrote:
maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
Wow, how did that actually happen?
Sutherland left too much room between himself and Edney allowing Tyus to pick up a lot of speed at mid court. From there, it was a matter of executing a layup because he knew he wasn't going to get fouled.

All Grimm could do was just stand there with his 6'10" wingspan as vertical as possible hoping it would be enough to change the shot slightly.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by JL21 »

maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
I could've sworn it was going to be Matt Davidson's catch for Nebraska in '97.

How has this not been mentioned?

Image

User avatar
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8386
Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
Location: CoMo

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by Secret Weapon »

StL Dan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
Wow, how did that actually happen?
Sutherland left too much room between himself and Edney allowing Tyus to pick up a lot of speed at mid court. From there, it was a matter of executing a layup because he knew he wasn't going to get fouled.

All Grimm could do was just stand there with his 6'10" wingspan as vertical as possible hoping it would be enough to change the shot slightly.
if I remember correctly both Haley twins were on the bench as well. youd think youd want them out there with their arms up as well.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62294
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

Just because it shut them all the hell up and denied them a home field pennant celebration.
Image

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

Radbird wrote:Just because it shut them all the hell up and denied them a home field pennant celebration.
Image
Good one!!!

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by stretch »

StL Dan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
Wow, how did that actually happen?
Sutherland left too much room between himself and Edney allowing Tyus to pick up a lot of speed at mid court. From there, it was a matter of executing a layup because he knew he wasn't going to get fouled.

All Grimm could do was just stand there with his 6'10" wingspan as vertical as possible hoping it would be enough to change the shot slightly.
Screw that play and everone associated with that play and the network losers that keep playing it every March. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

stretch wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
Wow, how did that actually happen?
Sutherland left too much room between himself and Edney allowing Tyus to pick up a lot of speed at mid court. From there, it was a matter of executing a layup because he knew he wasn't going to get fouled.

All Grimm could do was just stand there with his 6'10" wingspan as vertical as possible hoping it would be enough to change the shot slightly.
Screw that play and everone associated with that play and the network losers that keep playing it every March. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That play still gets a rise out of Mike Kelly

Brodie
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6190
Joined: April 24 06, 7:45 am
Location: Snow
Contact:

Post by Brodie »

StL Dan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc33OFS3 ... ed&search=

1:25 - Brad Smith

2:21 - Bad Brad Smith runnin' on the Pink Skirts

2:34 - The REAL Black Shirts upn yo face

2:46 - Fakey works to perfection

3:00 - STIFF ARM
Not to brag or anything...But I was at that game, best football game I have ever been to, and it was cold and raining the whole time

-Brodie

Post Reply