Lebron James
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
I am kinda split on the NBA Finals.
On one hand, Greg Popovich is probably the best coach in any major sport today. A lot of that may come from the fact that he's coaching Hulk Bowen and Macho Man Robert Horry, but they still win.
I'm anxious to see LeBron, but I'd rather see him play against a team that will isn't going to elbow him, punch him, sack tap him or anything else like that.
On one hand, Greg Popovich is probably the best coach in any major sport today. A lot of that may come from the fact that he's coaching Hulk Bowen and Macho Man Robert Horry, but they still win.
I'm anxious to see LeBron, but I'd rather see him play against a team that will isn't going to elbow him, punch him, sack tap him or anything else like that.
- StL Dan
- banned
- Posts: 8159
- Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
- Location: St. Louis in spirit
There is a small chance the Cavs could win the Finals. But, it's slim to none.GatewaySnayke wrote:I am kinda split on the NBA Finals.
On one hand, Greg Popovich is probably the best coach in any major sport today. A lot of that may come from the fact that he's coaching Hulk Bowen and Macho Man Robert Horry, but they still win.
I'm anxious to see LeBron, but I'd rather see him play against a team that will isn't going to elbow him, punch him, sack tap him or anything else like that.
Drew Puddin', Floppy Top, Ilgauskus and Hughes will have to be at their best to be competitive against a team like the Spurs.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Lebron hasn't been too bad in interviews, but I don't like that fact that he so readily accepts the comparisons to Michael Jordan. I'd prefer he show some humility.
When Jordan made it to the NBA Finals and started winning championships, he dethroned the 2-time defending champs to get there. Lebron's team made a run against the weakest conference competition in NBA history.
Lebron is a man-beast. I can't imagine that his body will hold up as well as Jordan's over the long-haul.
When Jordan made it to the NBA Finals and started winning championships, he dethroned the 2-time defending champs to get there. Lebron's team made a run against the weakest conference competition in NBA history.
Lebron is a man-beast. I can't imagine that his body will hold up as well as Jordan's over the long-haul.
-
Simbagal23
- All-Star
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: March 7 07, 7:55 am
The few of you that know me, know I'm a Tim Duncan/Spurs fan...so, naturally, I want the Spurs to win. I'd love to see Michael Finley finally get a ring......
I like Lebron and all...but Tim's my guy! On a side note, I really, really, really wish Lebron would stop chewing his finger nails...drives me nuts!
I like Lebron and all...but Tim's my guy! On a side note, I really, really, really wish Lebron would stop chewing his finger nails...drives me nuts!
-
BenNX74205
- All-Star
- Posts: 2541
- Joined: April 18 06, 2:57 pm
- Cole Burns
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3749
- Joined: July 30 06, 10:53 am
- Location: I'm not here.
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Lebron getting violated?Transmogrified Tiger wrote:This is looking like the first 2 games in Detroit. Cavs playing like crap and LeBron getting violated without whistles.
Both teams have 9 personal fouls called against them in the first half. Cleveland has shot 9 free throws, compared to 8 for San Antonio. Lebron has shot 4 free throws, and Duncan has shot 4 free throws.
No room for anybody to complain, really.
-
BenNX74205
- All-Star
- Posts: 2541
- Joined: April 18 06, 2:57 pm
El Nino.Cole Burns wrote:But Washington didn't win the Stanley Cup.BenNX74205 wrote:In the last year, the Cards have won the world series and the Colts have won the Super Bowl. Using those two data points, the Cavs should win the series in 6.
Think about it.
Seriously though, it didn't look good for James last night on the stat sheet, but for most of the game that I saw (stopped mid-3rd quarter), he was making good decisions by passing out of the double (and triple) (and quadruple) teams the Spurs were throwing his way. If the Cavs can adjust and find a way to keep Parker out of the lane, they have a chance.



