Page 2 of 3

Posted: June 4 07, 8:26 am
by GatewaySnayke
I am kinda split on the NBA Finals.

On one hand, Greg Popovich is probably the best coach in any major sport today. A lot of that may come from the fact that he's coaching Hulk Bowen and Macho Man Robert Horry, but they still win.

I'm anxious to see LeBron, but I'd rather see him play against a team that will isn't going to elbow him, punch him, sack tap him or anything else like that.

Posted: June 4 07, 8:41 am
by StL Dan
GatewaySnayke wrote:I am kinda split on the NBA Finals.

On one hand, Greg Popovich is probably the best coach in any major sport today. A lot of that may come from the fact that he's coaching Hulk Bowen and Macho Man Robert Horry, but they still win.

I'm anxious to see LeBron, but I'd rather see him play against a team that will isn't going to elbow him, punch him, sack tap him or anything else like that.
There is a small chance the Cavs could win the Finals. But, it's slim to none.

Drew Puddin', Floppy Top, Ilgauskus and Hughes will have to be at their best to be competitive against a team like the Spurs.

Posted: June 4 07, 10:58 am
by Socnorb11
Lebron hasn't been too bad in interviews, but I don't like that fact that he so readily accepts the comparisons to Michael Jordan. I'd prefer he show some humility.

When Jordan made it to the NBA Finals and started winning championships, he dethroned the 2-time defending champs to get there. Lebron's team made a run against the weakest conference competition in NBA history.

Lebron is a man-beast. I can't imagine that his body will hold up as well as Jordan's over the long-haul.

Posted: June 4 07, 12:42 pm
by Simbagal23
The few of you that know me, know I'm a Tim Duncan/Spurs fan...so, naturally, I want the Spurs to win. I'd love to see Michael Finley finally get a ring......

I like Lebron and all...but Tim's my guy! On a side note, I really, really, really wish Lebron would stop chewing his finger nails...drives me nuts! :puke:

Posted: June 6 07, 1:06 pm
by G. Keenan
If I watch the NBA finals at all it will be because of Lebron.

Posted: June 7 07, 6:50 pm
by BenNX74205
In the last year, the Cards have won the world series and the Colts have won the Super Bowl. Using those two data points, the Cavs should win the series in 6.








Think about it. #-o

Posted: June 7 07, 6:59 pm
by Cole Burns
BenNX74205 wrote:In the last year, the Cards have won the world series and the Colts have won the Super Bowl. Using those two data points, the Cavs should win the series in 6.








Think about it. #-o
But Washington didn't win the Stanley Cup.

Posted: June 7 07, 7:35 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
This is looking like the first 2 games in Detroit. Cavs playing like crap and LeBron getting violated without whistles.

Posted: June 7 07, 8:32 pm
by Socnorb11
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:This is looking like the first 2 games in Detroit. Cavs playing like crap and LeBron getting violated without whistles.
Lebron getting violated?

Both teams have 9 personal fouls called against them in the first half. Cleveland has shot 9 free throws, compared to 8 for San Antonio. Lebron has shot 4 free throws, and Duncan has shot 4 free throws.

No room for anybody to complain, really.

Posted: June 8 07, 9:05 am
by BenNX74205
Cole Burns wrote:
BenNX74205 wrote:In the last year, the Cards have won the world series and the Colts have won the Super Bowl. Using those two data points, the Cavs should win the series in 6.








Think about it. #-o
But Washington didn't win the Stanley Cup.
El Nino.



Seriously though, it didn't look good for James last night on the stat sheet, but for most of the game that I saw (stopped mid-3rd quarter), he was making good decisions by passing out of the double (and triple) (and quadruple) teams the Spurs were throwing his way. If the Cavs can adjust and find a way to keep Parker out of the lane, they have a chance.