Page 2 of 3

Posted: June 13 07, 2:03 am
by G. Keenan
cardsfansince82 wrote:I'll be damned if I'm gonna give Varejao the ball with the game on the line.
He was supposed to dish it back to LeBron. Oops.

Posted: June 13 07, 3:56 am
by cardsfansince82
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:Other than Lebron, the Lebrons really really really suck.
Half those guys don't even belong on an NBA roster, let alone getting significant minutes in an NBA Finals game. Can you imagine how many assists Lebron could average per game if he just had one guy that could consistently knock down open jump shots?
That's quite an exaggeration. There's no one of Parker or Ginobili's caliber to be a sidekick, but Gooden, Ilgauskas, Varejao, Hughes, Gibson, and Pavlovic can all play(to varying degrees with different skills).
More of a comment about how pathetic the Eastern Conference is than anything. That's the best they have to offer? I don't care how good Lebron is, you aren't beating a good team with that lineup.

Posted: June 14 07, 12:15 pm
by manning18
Why do the Cavs have to get swept???
Spurs suck!!!

Posted: June 15 07, 5:31 am
by DynamicDynamite
well at least its over now...

god I cant stand the Spurs... straight defense with a sprinkling of offense in there...

Posted: June 15 07, 9:37 am
by Socnorb11
Maybe the Lebron hype will subside now.

He was awful.

Posted: June 15 07, 9:57 am
by BW23
Socnorb11 wrote:Maybe the Lebron hype will subside now.

He was awful.
Anyone would suck when it's 1 on 5.

Posted: June 15 07, 12:43 pm
by cabby7588
That was a brutal series. I hate the NBA. I'm glad it's over, maybe the Pacers will rebuild this offseason.

Re: 2007 NBA Finals

Posted: June 16 07, 8:27 pm
by ThatGuy
Not the most eventful series, but I'm glad the Spurs won. I saw a game in San Antonio in 1999, and I've been a fan ever since.

As for the Lebron talk, here's an honest question: how did Michael Jordan do in his first finals appearance? I know his team got swept, but I haven't looked into his personal stats. I think it's way out of line to say that the Lebron hype is somehow wrong because he didn't light the world on fire in his first finals series. His surrounding cast was so-so at best. I think we'll see him back there before too long.

Re: 2007 NBA Finals

Posted: June 17 07, 11:16 am
by redbirdjazzz
ThatGuy wrote:Not the most eventful series, but I'm glad the Spurs won. I saw a game in San Antonio in 1999, and I've been a fan ever since.

As for the Lebron talk, here's an honest question: how did Michael Jordan do in his first finals appearance? I know his team got swept, but I haven't looked into his personal stats. I think it's way out of line to say that the Lebron hype is somehow wrong because he didn't light the world on fire in his first finals series. His surrounding cast was so-so at best. I think we'll see him back there before too long.
Um....the Bulls won in Jordan's first finals, beating the Lakers 4-1. I think you're right that people are out of line to insult Lebron based on this year's finals, but find a better example.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_NBA_Finals

Re: 2007 NBA Finals

Posted: June 17 07, 2:34 pm
by Socnorb11
ThatGuy wrote:Not the most eventful series, but I'm glad the Spurs won. I saw a game in San Antonio in 1999, and I've been a fan ever since.

As for the Lebron talk, here's an honest question: how did Michael Jordan do in his first finals appearance? I know his team got swept, but I haven't looked into his personal stats. I think it's way out of line to say that the Lebron hype is somehow wrong because he didn't light the world on fire in his first finals series. His surrounding cast was so-so at best. I think we'll see him back there before too long.
Jordan's surrounding cast wasn't so hot, either......... but he truly did make everyone around him better.

Lebron is good...... I won't deny that. I'd have a little more respect for him if he wouldn't be so reluctant to dismiss the Jordan comparisons. When someone asks him how he stacks up against the Jordan's, Magic's, and Bird's of the world, Lebron needs to laugh at them, pay due respect to the all-time greats, and show a little humilty. As it is, he responds to those questions by pondering for several seconds, and then implying that he's almost there. He's not.