Page 2 of 2

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 6:06 am
by Radio_Bugtussle
The key is how healthy the first stringers on defense are as the season progresses. Not a lot of depth there unless a few guys turn it up a notch or two.

Perhaps a poster gathering might be in order on the Nebraska game. :D

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 1:19 pm
by GatewaySnayke
I can never get overly excited about Missouri football, because the M.O. the past few seasons has been run up the score on the lesser opponents, get smacked around by the traditional powers then finish 6-5. And I hate that Missouri has no defense. I'm not that excited about rooting for Texas Tech Jr.

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 5:19 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
GatewaySnayke wrote:I can never get overly excited about Missouri football, because the M.O. the past few seasons has been run up the score on the lesser opponents, get smacked around by the traditional powers then finish 6-5. And I hate that Missouri has no defense. I'm not that excited about rooting for Texas Tech Jr.
I knew the defense wouldn't stay as good as it was the first half of the year, but I'll always wonder how well they would've fared had Smith not broken his hip in that KSU monsoon of a game.

I'm not expecting a lot this year, but I'm optimistic. They have experience and height in the secondary, return a good bit of talent on the DL, and the linebacking corps(who killed them last year) get an infusion with Alexander being healthy plus youth like Keck and Lambert. I'm not expecting the 2006 LSU defense, but I see reason why I could potentially be pleasantly surprised.

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 5:27 pm
by haltz
This is probably off-topic sorta, but does anyone have any info on an ex-player named Tony Palmer? I think he got in a few games with the Packers last year. I just don't follow Mizzou's football or the NFL all that closely.

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 5:37 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
haltz wrote:This is probably off-topic sorta, but does anyone have any info on an ex-player named Tony Palmer? I think he got in a few games with the Packers last year. I just don't follow Mizzou's football or the NFL all that closely.
Uh, I saw him at a Mizzou home game last year, and I heard he was in training camp with the Rams last year. A quick google news search gives this tidbit:
Second year wide body Tony Palmer played in six games a year ago, primarily on special teams. The Packers love Palmer's competitiveness, and unless he falls on his face in camp, he stands a decent chance of making the team as a reserve guard.

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 5:43 pm
by haltz
Well, that's more than I could come up with. Thanks.

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Posted: July 24 07, 8:16 pm
by GatewaySnayke
TT, I hope you're right about them. I can't take another 2006. Good start, ugly finish...