HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

A forum for non-baseball sports
Online
User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31029
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Popeye_Card »

TabascoElvis wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:Agreed. He's as-good or better than most, but I don't think of him as "elite". He's getting paid like an elite guy now.

And for a long time. That's what I'm most surprised about.

--P--
What I always hear the talking heads saying about football contracts though, is that it's the guaranteed money that matters. No one makes it to the last year of a long term contract before they're back re-negotiating it anyway. Figure this one to get the Rams to 2010, maybe '11.
Yeah, I realize that's the case. NFL contracts are dumb.

--P--

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Cronos »

He's worth the money.

I don't know if he's worth 6 years worth of that money, but he's worth the money.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by GatewaySnayke »

The Rams are going to turn it around this season, and having No. 10 behind center while the Kurstians weep is going to be so sweet. This is the first time since 2003 I have been excited about the NFL season starting.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Cronos »

GatewaySnayke wrote:The Rams are going to turn it around this season, and having No. 10 behind center while the Kurstians weep is going to be so sweet. This is the first time since 2003 I have been excited about the NFL season starting.
I honestly think the team could have a run in it this year. With the O-line getting healthy, the offense perhaps being even better than it was last year, the defense signing some decent free agents, a better kickoff/punt returner then they've had since '99, plus a friendly schedule, they could win 10 games.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by GatewaySnayke »

For sure, and it's not like the NFC is teeming with Super Bowl contenders. The defense has me worried as usual, but the offense could conceivably be one of the three best in the league. Top 3 QB, top 2 halfback, top 3 receiver and two big targets in the endzone. I'm not expecting the Greatest Show on Turf, but they are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Tambourine Man »

GatewaySnayke wrote:For sure, and it's not like the NFC is teeming with Super Bowl contenders. The defense has me worried as usual, but the offense could conceivably be one of the three best in the league. Top 3 QB, top 2 halfback, top 3 receiver and two big targets in the endzone. I'm not expecting the Greatest Show on Turf, but they are going to be a lot of fun to watch.
Yeah, I'm optimistic about the season, as well. I've been on the Bulger bandwagon since his coming out party against the Raiders some years back.

Ahhhh, football is in the air! Check out these training camp pics at RRF.

http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 01&start=0

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by lukethedrifter »

damn i wish we had an outdoor stadium

Online
User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31029
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Popeye_Card »

lukethedrifter wrote:damn i wish we had an outdoor stadium
Isn't that the truth. I have zero desire to go watch the Rams play in a dome. I'm not a Rams fan, but I would go watch a few games if they were at least outside.

--P--

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by cardinalkarp »

Popeye_Card wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:damn i wish we had an outdoor stadium
Isn't that the truth. I have zero desire to go watch the Rams play in a dome. I'm not a Rams fan, but I would go watch a few games if they were at least outside.

--P--

Not only that but the dome could possibly be the worst place to watch a football game. Unless tickets are given to me I won't even think about going and then its still a maybe.

Online
User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31029
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardinalkarp wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:damn i wish we had an outdoor stadium
Isn't that the truth. I have zero desire to go watch the Rams play in a dome. I'm not a Rams fan, but I would go watch a few games if they were at least outside.

--P--

Not only that but the dome could possibly be the worst place to watch a football game. Unless tickets are given to me I won't even think about going and then its still a maybe.
It will probably be the last fixed-dome stadium (for football or baseball) built in the US.

--P--

Post Reply