Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
It's funny that the Patriots got reprimanded for this previously, and they STILL got busted. Either they're the only ones doing it, or they're the very worst at it.
Thanks for the link, thrill.
Thanks for the link, thrill.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
no, they should be punished and all that (though, I don't agree with the severity of what's being discussed), but acting like it's this big story/travesty (as you would expect ESPN to do) is silly.Socnorb11 wrote:Hard to say. It's like steroids. I'm sure there are many folks doing it, but you're going to take some heat if you get caught, and rightfully so. When you catch a team cheating, turning a blind eye to it wouldn't seem right, would it?clevername wrote:I really don't get all the hub bub.
So, because they videotape it we're supposed to believe the Pats are the only team in the league that tries to steal signs from the other team?
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
I think it's funny that they were apparently on double-secret probation because Belichek's history with this stuff goes back to Cleveland.Socnorb11 wrote:It's funny that the Patriots got reprimanded for this previously, and they STILL got busted. Either they're the only ones doing it, or they're the very worst at it.
Thanks for the link, thrill.
-
AJ
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
Can't you stop this by letting one person on the defensive side of the ball have a helmet headset like the QB does?
Isn't the purpose of not letting a defensive player have one to give the offense an advantage?
If thats true, doesn't the NFL actualy invite this to happen? I mean if everyone is doing it, noone is turning anyone else in, I just think Mangini had a score to settle with BB.
Isn't the purpose of not letting a defensive player have one to give the offense an advantage?
If thats true, doesn't the NFL actualy invite this to happen? I mean if everyone is doing it, noone is turning anyone else in, I just think Mangini had a score to settle with BB.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
I wish I could say I'm surprised by St. Belichick's error. Hopefully they lose their first round draft pick, but it'll probably be the 32nd pick, so big deal.
I'm just glad that it's Goodell making this call and not Tagliabue. Tagliabue would probably let the Patriots do this as much as possible then change the rules next season.
I'm just glad that it's Goodell making this call and not Tagliabue. Tagliabue would probably let the Patriots do this as much as possible then change the rules next season.
- vinsanity
- Chili dog truther
- Posts: 8836
- Joined: July 3 06, 2:19 pm
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
I disagree...thrill wrote:Everyone does this. They hire lip readers with binoculars for heaven's sake.
This isn't an issue.
thrill wrote:Though no disciplinary action by the league ever resulted, the Patriots last year were reportedly the impetus of a sternly written letter from the league office to all teams, reminding them that it was illegal for an advance scout or personnel official to bring a video recording device of any kind into the press box for the purposes of taping a potential opponent's signals or play-calling gestures from the sideline.
-
Swatcat27
- All-Star
- Posts: 1830
- Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
Mangini probably knew how much the Pats did this 'scouting' from his days in NE. Just wanted to send a message or maybe level the playing field, I guess...I'm sure every team pushes the envelope.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
Sure, but the Patriots are already the proud owners of an illegitimate Super Bowl victory and others have come out and said that they think something has been up with them.Swatcat27 wrote:Mangini probably knew how much the Pats did this 'scouting' from his days in NE. Just wanted to send a message or maybe level the playing field, I guess...I'm sure every team pushes the envelope.
- TabascoElvis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5728
- Joined: June 15 06, 8:29 am
- Location: Library of Congress? Detroit? Beyond the sun?
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
That's a really good point, AJ, you'd think that would be an easy solution.AJ wrote:Can't you stop this by letting one person on the defensive side of the ball have a helmet headset like the QB does?
Isn't the purpose of not letting a defensive player have one to give the offense an advantage?
If thats true, doesn't the NFL actualy invite this to happen? I mean if everyone is doing it, noone is turning anyone else in, I just think Mangini had a score to settle with BB.
I remember back in the days before the helmet sets that there'd be at least 2 sometimes 3 players on the sidelines all signaling in plays, 2 dummies and the legitimate to avoid the defense being able to "steal signs", at least easily.
- vinsanity
- Chili dog truther
- Posts: 8836
- Joined: July 3 06, 2:19 pm
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: Patriots are big fat cheater heads. Supposedly.
Which one was illegitimate?GatewaySnayke wrote:Sure, but the Patriots are already the proud owners of an illegitimate Super Bowl victory and others have come out and said that they think something has been up with them.Swatcat27 wrote:Mangini probably knew how much the Pats did this 'scouting' from his days in NE. Just wanted to send a message or maybe level the playing field, I guess...I'm sure every team pushes the envelope.



