Page 2 of 2

Re: Allergies

Posted: May 8 13, 12:01 pm
by IMADreamer
Well I'm on day two of meds and I'm pleasantly surprised. No more constant sneezing and runny nose. Sometimes my nose gets a bit scratchy still but never to the point of sneezing. It's amazing how productive I can be when I'm not constantly blowing my nose.

Re: Allergies

Posted: March 27 15, 11:37 am
by Schlich
[expletive] hell. I haven't had to deal with these allergies since I was in high school. St Louis sucks.

Re: Allergies

Posted: March 27 15, 12:12 pm
by Diddy
Diddy wrote:I have to switch allergy meds every few months. I can come back to them again, usually the next season, but deff quit working after I've been on one for awhile.
We've been getting local honey and it really seems to have improved my allergies.

Re: Allergies

Posted: May 26 15, 5:14 am
by Tim
Shots. Once an week. That's how you deal with it.

Re: Allergies

Posted: May 26 15, 7:26 am
by Swirls
Diddy wrote:
Diddy wrote:I have to switch allergy meds every few months. I can come back to them again, usually the next season, but deff quit working after I've been on one for awhile.
We've been getting local honey and it really seems to have improved my allergies.
I've heard that is supposed to do the trick.

I posted it on the previous page of this thread a couple years ago - still taking daily cheap generic OTC Zyrtec. I bought a giant bottle of 400 a couple months ago from Sam's Club for $19.99. I don't think I've ever bought the actual name-brand Zyrtec, just the cheap generic equivalent.

However my body is totally dependent on it at this point - if I don't take it in the morning, by early- to mid-afternoon I'm sneezing a lot and I can start to feel my sinuses acting up.

But as long as I continue to take it, I never have any problems. I've been on it probably 10 years at this point (my estimate on the previous page was off).

Re: Allergies

Posted: May 26 15, 1:39 pm
by JackofDiamonds
Bought some Flonase on Friday near before golf and it's been a huge improvement over Clariton/Zyrtec. I'm usually a sneezing/sniffing/eye-itching mess by the turn, but made it through 54 holes this weekend without any (allergy) issues.