Re: BA's Top 10
Posted: December 4 13, 11:25 am
Jenkins falls of list due to injury?
Or performance?
Or performance?
A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/
am reading through goolds chat...and got the same question!ZigZagCardsFan wrote:With all the graduations, where do we expect our farm system to rank this season?
DG, with quite a few prospects graduating to the big club, where do you see the farm system ranking going into the spring?
by Jay December 2 at 3:06 PM
Dropping. But in conversations with folks, but it's still possible to fit in the top third. The top 10 and the addition of Grichuk has the look of a top-third farm system.
by Derrick Goold December 2 at 3:07 PM
Both. You wanted to see him knocking bats out of hands in Peoria this year at age 20 and in his third full season in which he was repeating a level. He failed to do that.robbotis wrote:Jenkins falls of list due to injury?
Or performance?
I don't know. He seemed more up and down to me.33anda3rd wrote:Both. You wanted to see him knocking bats out of hands in Peoria this year at age 20 and in his third full season in which he was repeating a level. He failed to do that.robbotis wrote:Jenkins falls of list due to injury?
Or performance?
You can't scout a box score. I saw Archie Bradley in South Bend 2 summers ago go just 4+ IP, give up 3 runs IIRC and BB as many hitters as he K-ed. Adys Portillo was the other SP and he took a no-hitter into the 5th or 6th, I forget which. Portillo's line was great. But Bradley's stuff was breathtaking, and there's not a person in the crowd I'd guess who would have confused Portillo for being the pitcher Bradley is.jerbyrd25 wrote:I don't know. He seemed more up and down to me.33anda3rd wrote:Both. You wanted to see him knocking bats out of hands in Peoria this year at age 20 and in his third full season in which he was repeating a level. He failed to do that.robbotis wrote:Jenkins falls of list due to injury?
Or performance?
Looking at his game log,
http://minorleaguecentral.com/player?pi ... melog=3000
you can see he had some great starts, 3 specifically, that showed his promise. I'd like to know if he, Gast, and Swagerty are healthy or not going into 2014. We haven't really been told much of anything on all three.
I've been saying this for quite awhile. The Cards are obviously young at the MLB level (which is great), but they really need some of their 2013 picks to develop, and they need a strong 2014 draft. When Taveras graduates to the MLB level this spring, the Cards may not even have a top 20 farm system.jim wrote:I'm listening to a BA podcast and a question was asked to one of the editors which team surprised you most/least from the teams and the guy originally said the Cardinals for their lack of depth past 4. "Amazingly thin" is what they said. They went on to say not a criticism etc... but felt that the Cards were really thin.