Page 2 of 18

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 3 14, 2:01 pm
by lukethedrifter
I don't think I'm going to enjoy this cbb season at all

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 3 14, 2:41 pm
by BW23
stlouie_lipp wrote:Apparently Illinois' offense is pass it around and bomb a three. Then they can blame the loss on poor shooting. No [expletive] Sherlock. If 75% of your shots are from 20' I would expect poor shooting nights.

I see this as a trend in all of college basketball and I don't like it. Gone is the mid-range game. Gone is a low post offense. Gone is penetration off the dribble.
Didn't the mid-range jumper disappear about 25 years ago?

Seriously, is it safe to say that the teams that still do that are pretty much the ones that go further in March?

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 4 14, 12:19 am
by slide_into_first
Duke shot 65%, Sam Dekker disappeared (possibly his ankle sprain hasn't healed) and Wisconsin missed a lot of open shots, and still it was a close game, but the home team didn't rise to the occasion..

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 4 14, 8:30 am
by Hoot45
What a letdown for the Badgers. No shame in losing to Duke, but this is supposed to be their year and losing at the Kohl Center is disappointing.

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 6 14, 12:23 pm
by slide_into_first
NJIT 46- Michigan 44 with 10 minutes to go

Add: final New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark) 72- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) 70

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 6 14, 1:05 pm
by slide_into_first
The students will march to the Chancellor's residence and demand John Beilen is fired because he didn't help when the quarterback had a concussion.

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 10 14, 9:47 am
by Jocephus
slide_into_first wrote:NJIT 46- Michigan 44 with 10 minutes to go

Add: final New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark) 72- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) 70
i didn't hear/realize this until listening to mike and mike this morning.

michigan lost again last night to e. michigan

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 10 14, 10:03 am
by Freed Roger
SLU lost to Leroy's team.

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: December 10 14, 11:46 am
by stlouie_lipp
Same ol' Illini last night. If I want to watch guys throw up bricks from 20 feet I'll just go to the Y.

Re: 14-15 College Basketball Thread

Posted: January 3 15, 10:05 am
by stlouie_lipp