Page 2 of 2
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 24 15, 7:50 pm
by heyzeus
planet planet wrote:heyzeus wrote:Arthur Dent wrote:I stopped checking my work voice mails several years ago. Seems to be going ok.
My voicemails are automatically routed to my email inbox as a playable attachment. But frustratingly, if I want the blinking red "voicemail" light on my phone to turn off, I have to actually dial in to our phone voicemail system.
Boooo blinking red light.
If you have a phone system that doesn't sync when you've listened to your VM via email (ie., no blinking light), then I need to sell you a new phone system.
PS - I think the coolest new feature is blue tooth capability on your office phone system that pairs with your cell phone. Allows you to pick up the call on either device as a second line position on your phone.
Sorry Planet, AD just solved my prob with a square of electrical tape.
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 24 15, 9:38 pm
by docellis
People I have actual productive work to do with send me emails. I agree with Dent (and his anti-voice mail faction).
I have no use for voice mail except from my dad. I can't think of any other use for it. As it is now, voice mail is for sales calls.
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 24 15, 10:41 pm
by Michael
Arthur Dent wrote:I stopped checking my work voice mails several years ago. Seems to be going ok.
Same. It's 2015 people.
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 25 15, 7:53 am
by jim
Michael wrote:Arthur Dent wrote:I stopped checking my work voice mails several years ago. Seems to be going ok.
Same. It's 2015 people.
No kidding.
My boss is really stuck in the 70's. He just got reprimanded yesterday because he starts his email's to a group with "Gentleman" when there are men on the list, "Team" when it's mixed. Yes, he is a douche bag. Anyway, yesterday he used "Gentleman" when Julie was on the list, and Julie let him have it. And, he still uses the telephone naturally, along with voice mail. He's the only person I know at work that uses the telephone and voice mail.
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 25 15, 9:28 am
by stlouie_lipp
heyzeus wrote:Arthur Dent wrote:I stopped checking my work voice mails several years ago. Seems to be going ok.
My voicemails are automatically routed to my email inbox as a playable attachment. But frustratingly, if I want the blinking red "voicemail" light on my phone to turn off, I have to actually dial in to our phone voicemail system.
Boooo blinking red light.
We have the same system. I always just listen to them on my computer. I was told today that my voicemail box is full. I cleared it out. The blinking light is gone!
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 25 15, 9:42 am
by stlouie_lipp
I always give a brief reason for why I am calling and appreciate it when others do the same for me. That way I can be somewhat prepared for when I call them back so we can have a productive conversation instead of "I'll take a look at that and get back to you".
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 25 15, 12:02 pm
by JackofDiamonds
I work at a client site without an office phone, I do not miss the red light. I agree with the tape, that red light is the worst.
Re: people who leave voicemails at work
Posted: March 27 15, 8:30 am
by lukethedrifter
I get a few voicemails and they are mostly from citizens looking for info and I'd feel kind of [expletive] about not replying. Would I get in trouble? Nope. My boss, who held mine and a few others went years without checking voicemail.
Plus, I'd miss the one from the crusty old guy in Baden who wanted to know why Hardees closed. Did they have a fire? I'd loved Hardee's. More than McDonald's. Call me back a XXX-XXXX if you can let me know why they closed.
Mostly I love the voicemails that are the sound of someone hanging up.