Page 2 of 3

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 5 15, 8:09 pm
by heyzeus
haltz wrote:Or you could use chorizo and corn tortillas like god intended.
Chorizo and egg are great. But get the hell outta here with corn tortillas. For a breakfast taco? Sheeeeeeit.

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 6 15, 6:58 pm
by Radbird
heyzeus wrote:
thrill wrote:Dude, come on. It starts in Austin, then migarates to Silver Lake, Portland, Brooklyn and San Francisco. It's going to be years before that hits Phoenix.
A city with as big a Hispanic culture as Phoenix doesn't have breakfast tacos? No. I refuse to believe this. Ok, if you're right, let's make some money. Bacon, eggs, and cheese in a grilled flour tortilla: It is just that easy.
Bacon, chorizo, ham, sausage. Won't complain about any of those - all good. Gotta top it with some green chili though.

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 6 15, 8:45 pm
by lukethedrifter
Carn tartillas ftstlw

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 7 15, 1:32 am
by Schlich
God [expletive] dam I miss new Mexico green chile

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 7 15, 6:15 pm
by JCShutout
If you microwave slices of cheese on parchment paper for somewhere between 45 and 55 seconds, and then hold the paper in a U shape for a minute, you can make taco shells made only out of cheese. Screw corn or flour.

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 8 15, 10:18 am
by BW23
Donut guy could be a serial killer. Be careful.

Image

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 8 15, 11:24 am
by Arthur Dent
JCShutout wrote:If you microwave slices of cheese on parchment paper for somewhere between 45 and 55 seconds, and then hold the paper in a U shape for a minute, you can make taco shells made only out of cheese. Screw corn or flour.
Then you eat the paper?

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 8 15, 8:16 pm
by JCShutout
Arthur Dent wrote:
JCShutout wrote:If you microwave slices of cheese on parchment paper for somewhere between 45 and 55 seconds, and then hold the paper in a U shape for a minute, you can make taco shells made only out of cheese. Screw corn or flour.
Then you eat the paper?
Lots of fiber!

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 8 15, 8:27 pm
by lukethedrifter
JCShutout wrote:If you microwave slices of cheese on parchment paper for somewhere between 45 and 55 seconds, and then hold the paper in a U shape for a minute, you can make taco shells made only out of cheese. Screw corn or flour.
I can't decide if that's something I would want to do. I do like to grill shredded cheese in a cast iron skillet. Really intensifies the flavor so ... may I would.
Maybe I would fry up my own hard taco shells then get taco bell stupid by adding the refried beans then sticking your cheese taco shell right in there. Then fill it with beef, etc

Re: Friday donuts guy

Posted: September 8 15, 8:29 pm
by JCShutout
lukethedrifter wrote:
JCShutout wrote:If you microwave slices of cheese on parchment paper for somewhere between 45 and 55 seconds, and then hold the paper in a U shape for a minute, you can make taco shells made only out of cheese. Screw corn or flour.
I can't decide if that's something I would want to do. I do like to grill shredded cheese in a cast iron skillet. Really intensifies the flavor so ... may I would.
Maybe I would fry up my own hard taco shells then get taco bell stupid by adding the refried beans then sticking your cheese taco shell right in there. Then fill it with beef, etc
It takes a few tries to get it to actually set in a shell shape. (finding the right amount of time in your microwave, etc) It does taste delicious though... because its melted cheese which is delicious.