What a year that was. For those non hockey fans out there...the hockey season is only 82 games. 86 goals is INSANE. I thought he was going to catch Gretzky's record (92 goals) that year. Blues/Blackhawks rivalry was a lot bigger back then.StL Dan wrote:1990-91 1 Hull (86)
2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
- JohnnyJay
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4914
- Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
I'm extremely excited that we got Patrik Berglund under contract. I guess he won't make the team, but he has loads of talent, so you never know. I got to say it was a surprise. I'm excited about these other dudes too.ThreeAces wrote:Blues sign 5 players, including Patrik Berglund and Jonas Junland:
http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?articleid ... rvice=pageST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced today the club has signed Patrik Berglund, Jonas Junland, Martin Kariya, Nikolai Lemtyugov and Juuso Riksman.
Berglund, 18, played in 35 games with Vasteras in Sweden this past season, recording 48 points (21 goals, 27 assists) and 30 penalty minutes. The 6-4, 190-pound forward was originally the Blues first round selection, 25th overall in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Junland, 19, played in 41 games this season Linkoping HC of the Swedish Elite League, recording five points (one goal, four assists) along with 22 penalty minutes. The 6-2, 198-pound blueliner was originally the Blues third round selection, 64th overall in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Kariya, 25, appeared in 51 games this season with Espoo of the Finnish League, recording 61 points (18 goals, 43 assists) and 58 penalty minutes. The 5-9, 180-pound forward is the brother of Nashville Predators forward Paul Kariya.
Lemtyugov, 21, skated in 51 games with Cherepovets Severstal of the Russian League this season, posting 19 points (11 goals, eight assists) and 50 penalty minutes. The 6-0, 176-pound forward was originally drafted by the Blues in the seventh round, 219th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Riksman, 30, played in 29 games with Jokerit Helsinki of the Finnish League this season, recording a 18-4-6 record along with a 2.25 goals against average. The 6-0 190-pound goaltender has spent the previous three seasons in the Finnish League.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
There was talk of a 100 goal season for a while if I remember correctly.JohnnyJay wrote:What a year that was. For those non hockey fans out there...the hockey season is only 82 games. 86 goals is INSANE. I thought he was going to catch Gretzky's record (92 goals) that year. Blues/Blackhawks rivalry was a lot bigger back then.StL Dan wrote:1990-91 1 Hull (86)
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
-
ThreeAces
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 851
- Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm
Didn't he refuse to score any empty net goals that year too?JohnnyJay wrote:What a year that was. For those non hockey fans out there...the hockey season is only 82 games. 86 goals is INSANE. I thought he was going to catch Gretzky's record (92 goals) that year. Blues/Blackhawks rivalry was a lot bigger back then.StL Dan wrote:1990-91 1 Hull (86)
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
From Gordo's blog:
This would solve two problems. The first being our lack of an elite scorer. The second being whenever I see the crawl on ESPNNews and it says anything about him, I do a confused double take.The guys at HockeyBuzz.com believe the Blues could bid on Lightning winger Martin St. Louis, should Tampa Bay elect to move one of their Big Three forwards to balance its budget.
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
I read your comment before the quote above it and yet knew exactly what player you were talking about because I do the exact same thing.thrill wrote:From Gordo's blog:
This would solve two problems. The first being our lack of an elite scorer. The second being whenever I see the crawl on ESPNNews and it says anything about him, I do a confused double take.The guys at HockeyBuzz.com believe the Blues could bid on Lightning winger Martin St. Louis, should Tampa Bay elect to move one of their Big Three forwards to balance its budget.
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
SameG. Keenan wrote:I read your comment before the quote above it and yet knew exactly what player you were talking about because I do the exact same thing.thrill wrote:From Gordo's blog:
This would solve two problems. The first being our lack of an elite scorer. The second being whenever I see the crawl on ESPNNews and it says anything about him, I do a confused double take.The guys at HockeyBuzz.com believe the Blues could bid on Lightning winger Martin St. Louis, should Tampa Bay elect to move one of their Big Three forwards to balance its budget.
- cabby7588
- All-Star
- Posts: 2970
- Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
- Contact:
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
More Strickland:
Sanford gone?
Jackman signed?
Deal for a scorer at the draft?
Here it is:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8017
Sanford gone?
Jackman signed?
Deal for a scorer at the draft?
Here it is:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8017



