Page 11 of 25

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:57 pm
by docellis
Simbagal23 wrote:I thought the Pujols clan built a fancy-schmancy mansion in Chesterfield a year or so ago??
Oh I didn't know that...that AT&T commercial ("How they live" or something like that) showed his Kansas City residence - was that a year ago?

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:58 pm
by haltz
Radbird wrote:Press conference should be on KTRS, right?
It says they are covering it on the homepage.

Internet stream here

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:59 pm
by Simbagal23
docellis wrote:
Simbagal23 wrote:I thought the Pujols clan built a fancy-schmancy mansion in Chesterfield a year or so ago??
Oh I didn't know that...that AT&T commercial ("How they live" or something like that) showed his Kansas City residence - was that a year ago?
I believe that commercial was aired last year, but I'm not sure when it was filmed. I received the site plans of his property from a secret source. I'll have to see if I still have them.....it was....amazing.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:00 pm
by Dillagii
BW23 wrote:Anyone think Steinbrenner has taken notice yet? If the Yanks fold in the first round again, that rumor may pop up. He wants to win now, and the Jocketty/La Russa combo likes the same.

I don't personally think Tony would like the pressure of NY at this stage, but I bet Georgie feels them out if the Yanks don't advance.
I dont think TLR will manage an AL team. His style suits NL.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:00 pm
by TimeForGuinness
GMORP?

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:01 pm
by BW23
I know someone that was supposed to spend 6-7 weeks last winter in St. Louis working out with Pujols and Ryan Howard. He spent some time the previous winter with Pujols, Matheny and Mabry in St. Louis.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:01 pm
by Dillagii
haltz wrote:
Radbird wrote:Press conference should be on KTRS, right?
It says they are covering it on the homepage.

Internet stream here
Its blocked at work :( Appreciate if you can provide a recap.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:06 pm
by obucard
BW23 wrote:Anyone think Steinbrenner has taken notice yet? If the Yanks fold in the first round again, that rumor may pop up. He wants to win now, and the Jocketty/La Russa combo likes the same.

I don't personally think Tony would like the pressure of NY at this stage, but I bet Georgie feels them out if the Yanks don't advance.
If that happens, do we go after Torre?

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:06 pm
by maddash
Press conference getting underway.

This is an exciting time to be a Cardinals fan, IMO. And I was a big fan of Walt.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 3:08 pm
by clevername
specifically mentioned beginning a search for a new GM.

talked to Tony this afternoon and he hasn't made a decision yet.