Page 11 of 15

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 10:34 am
by ilstu24
Kaminsky signs for slot, Mercado well above slot.

http://langosch.mlblogs.com

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 11:39 am
by Fat Strat
You're seeing one of the benefits of being "the Cardinals" right there. Kaminsky is willing to sign for slot with us because we're the freaking Cardinals and we will develop you and get you to the majors by the time you reach drinking age. I thought for sure he would be above slot.

Kind of surprised that Mercado was that far above slot, but I guess you've got to pay to get them out of their college commitment.

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 12:01 pm
by STL_Cards

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 12:03 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Fat Strat wrote:You're seeing one of the benefits of being "the Cardinals" right there. Kaminsky is willing to sign for slot with us because we're the freaking Cardinals and we will develop you and get you to the majors by the time you reach drinking age. I thought for sure he would be above slot.

Kind of surprised that Mercado was that far above slot, but I guess you've got to pay to get them out of their college commitment.
Obviously the Cardinals and Mercado feel he's a better hitter than what he showed last year. Hope they're both right.

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 12:41 pm
by The Third Man
I'm not gonna be able to tune this song out of my head when Kaminsky pitches.

[/youtube]

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 1:16 pm
by JackofDiamonds
I'm a big fan of Kavinsky, there are some great remixes of Nightcall as well.

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 12 13, 1:24 pm
by haltz
The Third Man wrote:I'm not gonna be able to tune this song out of my head when Kaminsky pitches.
That song is always in my head anyway.

I really hope the Cards are able to sign Rivera, and especially Collymore. Anyone know what the other generic slot values are? I'm curious about the remaining $1.8M, if that could possibly do the trick.

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 8:18 am
by MrCrowesGarden
6th rounder Jimmy Reed signs for 40k, about 180k below slot.

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 8:09 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Per Langosch, nearing overslot deals with Collymore, Farinaro, and Batista (10th-12th round picks.)

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 9:44 pm
by phins
Mo said, "we've spent" in his post draft pressed which leads me to believe we knew their numbers and took them where everything fit into the budget.

I'm putting together a draft wrap-up and it'll include theories such as that.