Page 11 of 73

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 26 13, 9:44 pm
by Freed Roger
Maybe local boy Gabbert can salvage his career against the Rams.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 26 13, 9:55 pm
by Freed Roger
The drone of Martin Kilcoyne on the PA reminds me of sermons in the old cavernous catholic churches of my youth.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 26 13, 9:57 pm
by Freed Roger
lukethedrifter wrote:I hate Sam Bradford. I was neutral but now I hate him.
Tebow Time? Coupled with a show on JOY 99. Winnar!

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 26 13, 10:25 pm
by longhornbaseball
So it's 2011 all over again. I hate this [expletive] team.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 26 13, 10:48 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Promising season followed by absolute crap season-- this is becoming a tradition.

I'm done with Sam too. If you can get a mid-round pick for him, do it. Go Bridgewater or Boyd with one of those top 10 picks.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 27 13, 12:08 am
by cardsfansince82
Image

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 27 13, 8:25 am
by wart57
cardsfansince82 wrote:Image
That's how I felt watching this pathetic looking piece of [expletive] team. [expletive]!!!!!

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 27 13, 9:10 am
by Freed Roger
With mild deference for the beleaguered Rams tackling dummies -I don't think a prime Gale Sayers or Earl Campbell could have gained much running the ball last night for the Rams.

I wanted to pick on some aspect of the Rams here, but Not one facet of the team that is doing well. Some talent is there. But nothing is working, and that becomes a downward spiral. You can't pass the ball without a running game, but you can't run the ball when you can't pass. And you can't pass when you can't block and WR can't get open and passes get dropped. None of these are excuses for Bradford, he hasn't been accurate/makes poor decisions. That GIF says it all.

Then there is the defense, specials teams. I can't claim to know how to coach, but the play-calling is pretty predictable -a forced running attempt, then a forced attempt to get ball to Tavon Austin (sadly not nearly as game quick/fast as he thinks), then the abysmal 3d down. The opposing defenders have to love playing the Rams.

It will be interesting - Fisher teams of the past have recovered from major beatdowns to mild respectability before- I recall one epic one beatdown by the Patriots on Titans. But it's a tall task - as injuries mount, and overstated resources become more apparant. His OC and DC do not appear to be any sort of geniuses. Playing in the Ed Jones morgue the rest of the year won't help either. Oi.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 27 13, 9:21 am
by wart57
I thought the "O" line and "D" line were supposed to be strengths on this team, I swear, both lines look completely lost. I see Bradford as the next David Carr.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: September 27 13, 11:59 pm
by lukethedrifter
Wonder if the Rams will consider Kerry Rhodes.