Page 105 of 123

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:37 am
by robbotis
The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:38 am
by fanforever
robbotis wrote:The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.

c'mon...Cardinal Fans never boo

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:42 am
by robbotis
fanforever wrote:
robbotis wrote:The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.

c'mon...Cardinal Fans never boo
I do.
And I better be joined by 43,000 when he appears at Busch.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:45 am
by cardsfansince82
I feel kind of cheated that the Devil Rays didn't have $300 million laying around to offer him.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:45 am
by Cronos
robbotis wrote:The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.
I'd like it even more if the stadium got completely silent when he was announced.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:46 am
by wart57
$ = Respect
more $ = more respect
less $ = insult

I love the modern players.

Buh Bye Albert Pujol$, enjoy L.A.

Please spend a ton of that money you got to make peoples lives better in the Dominican.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:47 am
by OmahaCard79
fanforever wrote:
robbotis wrote:The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.

c'mon...Cardinal Fans never boo
The Cards vs. Red Sox series I attended in 2005 proved otherwise. Renteria got booed mercilessly that whole series. A few people tried to drown out the boos with cheers, but it didn't work.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:49 am
by heyzeus
wart57 wrote:$ = Respect
more $ = more respect
less $ = God has forsaken you
ftfy

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:52 am
by Spider John
Slider wrote: Many know I am a pastor and a very conseravtive guy...Albert is making Christians look pretty bad here in his comments and I cringe with everyone he makes. I would ask that Albert not to be a "guide" or "model" to everyone on here's perception of how Christian thought goes.

Lance Berkman made the best statement I have ever heard by a Christian athlete during the playoffs (paraphrasing) "My faith is essential to me. I don't think God cares if I hit a homerun or if I win, but I ask Him to help me be focused and basically carry myself in a way that is pleasing to Him" He nailed it and I have so much more respect for Lance saying "it is about the money. Anyone who says it is not about the money is lying." Albert should take notes from Lance

Another reason why I love Lance Berkman so much!
I agree with you this. More than once in the last few days the Pujols' have used the name of God in a flippant way that makes me uncomfortable.

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Posted: December 13 11, 9:52 am
by wart57
heyzeus wrote:
wart57 wrote:$ = Respect
more $ = more respect
less $ = God has forsaken you
ftfy

Much better.

Thanks!