Page 12 of 85

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:12 pm
by Socnorb11
wart57 wrote:The problem is, it may be better for some people, but worse for others. So it will never be universally loved.

Worse, in what way, specifically?

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:27 pm
by Socnorb11
IMADreamer wrote:They are scared because in a year from now when it's all in place and everyone sees it's a good thing the Republicans are all kinds of [expletive]. What happens when the thing you've been fear mongering about for years turns out to be something great? We'll find out, but this new law is going to be a great thing for a lot of people.

You can almost predict the Republican campaign pitch in 2024............. "The government needs to keep their hands off of our ACA!".

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:47 pm
by wart57
Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:The problem is, it may be better for some people, but worse for others. So it will never be universally loved.

Worse, in what way, specifically?
Cost them more money.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:51 pm
by Socnorb11
wart57 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:The problem is, it may be better for some people, but worse for others. So it will never be universally loved.

Worse, in what way, specifically?
Cost them more money.
Possibly. But I don't think that's a given, nor is it going to be easy to confirm that you're paying more money because of the ACA.

Of course, I do see your point. Some people have already determined that it's going to be worse for them, and there's no convincing them otherwise.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:54 pm
by wart57
Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:The problem is, it may be better for some people, but worse for others. So it will never be universally loved.

Worse, in what way, specifically?
Cost them more money.
Possibly. But I don't think that's a given, nor is it going to be easy to confirm that you're paying more money because of the ACA.

Of course, I do see your point. Some people have already determined that it's going to be worse for them, and there's no convincing them otherwise.
And some have already determined this is going to be better for them and everyone and there is no convincing them otherwise.

I guess we will see in a few years just how great, or how bad it is, because there is no stopping it now.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 3:59 pm
by Socnorb11
I think it's somewhat indisputable that it's going to help some people. Whether it's going to hurt others is still undetermined, I think.

I'm hopeful that everyone will love it in a few years.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 4:03 pm
by wart57
Socnorb11 wrote:I think it's somewhat indisputable that it's going to help some people. Whether it's going to hurt others is still undetermined, I think.

I'm hopeful that everyone will love it in a few years.
I agree with you there, I hope it ends up being as great as you and many are touting it to be. I don't like the way Republicans seem to hope it fails because it was Obama's baby.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 7:27 pm
by Vidor
pioneer98 wrote:My state needs Obamacare. Now. by Republican Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear
SUNDAY morning news programs identify Kentucky as the red state with two high-profile Republican senators who claim their rhetoric represents an electorate that gave President Obama only about a third of its presidential vote in 2012.

So why then is Kentucky — more quickly than almost any other state — moving to implement the Affordable Care Act?

Because there’s a huge disconnect between the rank partisanship of national politics and the outlook of governors whose job it is to help beleaguered families, strengthen work forces, attract companies and create a balanced budget.
Steve Beshear is a Democrat.

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 9:50 pm
by lukethedrifter
So is Chris Koster.

http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2011/0 ... obamacare/

So is Jay Nixon.

Sort of, on both accounts

Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)

Posted: September 27 13, 10:44 pm
by pioneer98
Socnorb11 wrote:I think it's somewhat indisputable that it's going to help some people. Whether it's going to hurt others is still undetermined, I think.

I'm hopeful that everyone will love it in a few years.
Well, its looking like it will help some people actually improve their physical health.

Its looking like it could cost certain other people more money.

Personally, I say that health >>>> money, but that's just me. Some people love their money more than they love other people, and yeah, those are the ones who, in general, really, really dislike Obamacare.