Page 12 of 29
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 7 16, 12:12 pm
by Leroy
I'm glad my boss doesn't agree. I do one of those dances every time I finish a tax return.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 7 16, 12:34 pm
by redbirdjazzz
Leroy wrote:I'm glad my boss doesn't agree. I do one of those dances every time I finish a tax return.
You must be really sore by the time Tax Day comes along.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 9 16, 5:45 pm
by lukethedrifter
Good to see Coach 7-9's fake punt backfire.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 9 16, 6:43 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
lukethedrifter wrote:Good to see Coach 7-9's fake punt backfire.
Fisherball also kicked a FG from the 4 when he was down 7 with 6 minutes left.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 18 16, 1:56 pm
by stlouie_lipp
That game last night was unwatchable. No wonder the rating for the NFL are dropping like a rock.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 22 16, 10:17 am
by MrCrowesGarden
"I support him as a man, a father, and a player."
"He needs to control his emotions better."
Both of these were said in recent weeks by the Giants head coach. Which do you think was about Josh Brown, and which do you think was about Odell Beckham Jr?
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 24 16, 6:48 am
by mtcefc
I went to London yesterday for the Giants V Rams game.
On the whole it was good and worth the 400 mile round trip.
The atmosphere was strange, it was a Rams "home" game yet there were far more Giants fans and neutrals than Rams fans in the crowd. The amount of neutrals in the crowd caused a bit of a flat atmosphere that only really got going in the fourth quarter, when, in my opinion the game had been dragging on.
I now think a franchise over here is inevitable. In London I presume. I hope when it is set up they carry on this international series and maybe have a game in the north of England near me for a change!
Anyway, here a few pictures....

Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 24 16, 8:01 am
by lukethedrifter
Cool
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 24 16, 8:18 am
by MrCrowesGarden
A game ending at 6-6. Broncos-Texans tonight could be a dumpster fire, and Jags-Titans Thursday will be.
Gee, I wonder why ratings are down.
Re: 2016 NFL Thread
Posted: October 24 16, 1:04 pm
by tlombard
I think I bailed on the NFL at just the right time. I have to admit hate watching the Rams a bit so far but otherwise I've stayed clear pretty good. The only exception is the Patriots and I absolutely do not want to watch them but the GF's mom grew up out east and her family is a big Patriot family so she always wants to watch and I'm not about to say no. Yesterday she even picked up the tab for lunch while we watched the Patriot's game because she clearly knows how I feel about the NFL (although I'd never not watch a game with her) and then had to run out to her mom's in Union for a bit and promised to take me for ice cream when she got back. But she got back too late. I almost threw a tantrum. I'm like a toddler. You can't promise me ice cream and then not deliver!
With the way the NFL treated St. Louis and the J. Brown situation combined with all of the fines for celebration that make no sense as to who gets away with what and what the NFL is about to do to Oakland and probably San Diego... the NFL can go to that place that's just frozen over now that the cubs and Indians are in the World Series.
And then of course I had that dumpster fire of a game on last night. What a joke. I would not even look at the TV or listen to it for fifteen or twenty minutes of the time and each time I glanced back absolutely nothing had changed. After OT started I left the room only to come back and find the game at 6-6 and watched both teams miss FGs that would have won the game. I was actually laughing.