2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.
As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.
As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
- robbotis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4791
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Yup, Oshie could be the speedie goal scoring wing the Blues lack. I hope it gets done soon.stlmark wrote:I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.
As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
- cabby7588
- All-Star
- Posts: 2970
- Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Mark, your avatar is AMAZING, I want one of those jerseys.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
stlmark wrote:Check out the Flyers. They traded for Hartnell and Timmonen rights and then sign them both. I hate the Flyers.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211182&hubname=nhl
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
One of the few things Keenan did was outlaw those jersey's. I think they were set to be used in 1996 and Keenan vetoed them. Good move on his part.cabby7588 wrote:Mark, your avatar is AMAZING, I want one of those jerseys.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.
Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.
Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
- JohnnyJay
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4914
- Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
stlmark wrote:I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.
Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus.
Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.
- stlmark
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4089
- Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
- Location: redbirdsnation
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
It's funny you say that JJ. I have been thinking that all week. I plan on sitting down with a few beers and enjoying this draft.JohnnyJay wrote:stlmark wrote:I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.
Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus.
Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.
We may wheel and deal on Friday. I'm very interested to see what we do with the 9th pick.




