Page 13 of 28

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 18 07, 5:51 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.

As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 18 07, 8:33 pm
by stlmark
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.

As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 7:36 am
by robbotis
stlmark wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.

As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<
Yup, Oshie could be the speedie goal scoring wing the Blues lack. I hope it gets done soon.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 11:32 am
by cabby7588
Mark, your avatar is AMAZING, I want one of those jerseys.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 12:16 pm
by JCShutout
stlmark wrote:Check out the Flyers. They traded for Hartnell and Timmonen rights and then sign them both. I hate the Flyers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211182&hubname=nhl
:cry:

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 1:08 pm
by stlmark
cabby7588 wrote:Mark, your avatar is AMAZING, I want one of those jerseys.
One of the few things Keenan did was outlaw those jersey's. I think they were set to be used in 1996 and Keenan vetoed them. Good move on his part.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 3:02 pm
by JCShutout
I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 3:48 pm
by stlmark
JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 3:55 pm
by JohnnyJay
stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.

I'd be fine with Handzus.

Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 19 07, 4:06 pm
by stlmark
JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.

I'd be fine with Handzus.

Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.
It's funny you say that JJ. I have been thinking that all week. I plan on sitting down with a few beers and enjoying this draft.

We may wheel and deal on Friday. I'm very interested to see what we do with the 9th pick.