Page 13 of 14
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 19 13, 11:38 am
by JackofDiamonds
PENIS
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 19 13, 11:41 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
I.... don't get it.
Hawai'ian Penis?
Kolton... Colt Penis?
Second base Penis?
Univ. of Hawai'i Rainbow Penis?
what am I missing?
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 20 13, 4:49 am
by Maclowery
I hope this kid becomes our best 2nd baseman ever. I also am enjoying the dick jokes.
No one seems to have pointed out what a FUGGING STUPID ASS NAME KOLTEN IS ARRRGGHHH.
If he pans out, hell yea. If he doesn't, I'll hate his parents forever for picking it. Just name him Cole. Cole is fine. Or was Cole Wong too 'ethnic'? I don't get it. What the crap is Kolten. It sounds like a cool name from one of my nerdy fantasy books I enjoy, not something you'd introduce yourself as at a bar to a pretty girl.
Rant off. Sorry, Mr Wong, if you are reading this.
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 20 13, 4:56 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
Maclowery wrote:
No one seems to have pointed out what a FUGGING STUPID ASS NAME KOLTEN IS ARRRGGHHH.
It's German for "Coal Town". Which explains all the penis jokes.
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 20 13, 11:03 am
by planet planet
Maclowery wrote:I hope this kid becomes our best 2nd baseman ever. I also am enjoying the dick jokes.
No one seems to have pointed out what a FUGGING STUPID ASS NAME KOLTEN IS ARRRGGHHH.
If he pans out, hell yea. If he doesn't, I'll hate his parents forever for picking it. Just name him Cole. Cole is fine. Or was Cole Wong too 'ethnic'? I don't get it. What the crap is Kolten. It sounds like a cool name from one of my nerdy fantasy books I enjoy, not something you'd introduce yourself as at a bar to a pretty girl.
Rant off. Sorry, Mr Wong, if you are reading this.
His middle name is "Kaha".
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 20 13, 11:09 am
by Popeye_Card
He looks more like a Hugh. Hugh G. Wong. That's a classy name.
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 26 13, 11:21 am
by 33anda3rd
Jason Cole filed a report on Wong for BP, and it was published today. Some choice cuts:
Grades Present/Future
Hit 55/60
Power 40/40
Glove 55/60
Arm 40/40
Speed 50/50
Overall Future Projection 55, Solid Average Regular
Risk Factor: Low
He didn't say much we don't know about the bat. He's a polished hitter with gap-to-gap power at best.
Cole points out re the glove "Instincts and first-step quickness at second base are fantastic; enables pure tools to play up; reads groundballs very well off the bat and gets to his spot; quickness/reads allow him to consistently get in front and center himself on tough balls; range is at least solid-avg; hands are good enough; polished look at second; could have the glove to handle left side in a pinch if absolutely necessary, but best suited for 2B." Arm: "Short second baseman’s arm action; below average strength but good accuracy and feel on throws; arm plays fine at second base but lack of strength may be an issue if he ever plays left side in a pinch."
Sounds familiar....
33anda3rd wrote:Wong can close on balls well, especially to his glove side. He fills in the hole between himself and 1B as well as any 2B who is not a SS conversion that I've seen. He has very good instincts. I don't doubt that he could get to a fair number of balls at short. I do think that the balls he would have to field deep in either hole at SS, he just doesn't have the arm to get the average MLB runner out.
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 26 13, 3:41 pm
by lukethedrifter
Are you telling us that you are Jason Cole?
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 26 13, 9:16 pm
by go birds
Hit his 8th homer tonight
Re: Kolten Wong
Posted: July 27 13, 12:39 am
by 33anda3rd
lukethedrifter wrote:Are you telling us that you are Jason Cole?
I'm mlbtraderumorslive on Twitter.
In print I'm Thomas Pynchon.