2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by thrill »

They are only showing the first round which ranks pretty high on my lame list.

Who does everyone want at 9? It looks like Esposito will be there.

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JohnnyJay »

stlmark wrote:
JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.

I'd be fine with Handzus.

Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.
It's funny you say that JJ. I have been thinking that all week. I plan on sitting down with a few beers and enjoying this draft.

We may wheel and deal on Friday. I'm very interested to see what we do with the 9th pick.

Funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown...I'm here to amuse you?

:cool:

Yeah, I plan on drinking a few and discussing it with you guys.

P.S. Your flag is now at least on my desk at work. It's making its way to Philly slowly but surely! ;)

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I'd like to see the Blues pick up ether Handzus or Walt for center, knowing that guys like Drury and Gomez are out of our price range.

Knowing our price range, who does everyone want?
I'd be fine with Handzus or Walt, I guess. Maybe Nylander. I would have to see who else is out there, that's not a top notch FA.

I'd be fine with Handzus.

Draft is soon boys! This may be the most excited I've ever been for ANY draft in pro sports.
It's funny you say that JJ. I have been thinking that all week. I plan on sitting down with a few beers and enjoying this draft.

We may wheel and deal on Friday. I'm very interested to see what we do with the 9th pick.

Funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown...I'm here to amuse you?

:cool:

Yeah, I plan on drinking a few and discussing it with you guys.

P.S. Your flag is now at least on my desk at work. It's making its way to Philly slowly but surely! ;)
So at that rate, I may get it in April of 2008.

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

robbotis wrote:
stlmark wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.

As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<
Yup, Oshie could be the speedie goal scoring wing the Blues lack. I hope it gets done soon.
If he comes to the Blues this year, I'll bring back the Oshie/Yoshi Sig! You all better pray that he comes to the Blues. :D

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

I too am very excited about this year's draft and have had it in the back of my mind all week.

I'm probably going to the draft party at Lester's with some buds on Friday. If someone else plans on going and wants to say hey and have a brew or two, pm me.
ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Blues will host an NHL Draft Party on Friday, June 22 from 5:30 - 9 p.m. at Lester’s Sports Bar and Grill (9906 Clayton Road) to watch the first round of this year’s draft. The Blues own the 9th overall pick and will also be selecting at 24th and 26th in the first round.

Admission to the event is free of charge and Lester’s will provide select food and beverages for anyone outfitted in Blues gear that night. Fans will have opportunities to mingle with current Blues players, alumni and personalities while watching the Blues make their selections in the first round live from Columbus, Ohio.

Fans will also have a chance to test their knowledge as there will be Blues trivia questions throughout the night. Great giveaways and door prizes will be given out and anyone who purchases full season tickets at the party for the 2007-08 Blues season will be given an Al MacInnis autographed stick.

KMOX sports personality Ron Jacober will broadcast live at Lester’s from 6-8 p.m. and reporter Kevin Wheeler will be on site in Columbus providing insight to Blues fans back in St. Louis.

In addition, kids are welcome at the event but they will not be allowed in the bar area.

The Blues have 10 picks in this year’s draft, eight of which are in the first four rounds. The first round will be conducted on Friday, June 22 and broadcast live on VERSUS beginning at 6 p.m. (St. Louis time). Rounds two through seven will be held on Saturday, June 23 beginning at 9 a.m. (St. Louis time).

Directions from Scottrade Center:
Take 40 west
Take Clayton Rd. exit
Take right at exit
Lester's is directly on the right, right off the exit in "Lester's Park."
http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=318208

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:
robbotis wrote:
stlmark wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Jeremy Rutherford confirmed that the Blues have invited Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan to a developmental camp. Duncan is past his draft year, so he can sign with anyone whenever he pleases.

As some of you may know, Duncan is the college teammate of T.J. Oshie. Oshie originally stated that he would return to college, but if Duncan and Jonathon Toews (who already left and signed a professional contract with the Blackhawks) both leave, he may feel compelled to turn pro as well.
I really hope that the Blues talk Oshie into signing. [-o<
Yup, Oshie could be the speedie goal scoring wing the Blues lack. I hope it gets done soon.
If he comes to the Blues this year, I'll bring back the Oshie/Yoshi Sig! You all better pray that he comes to the Blues. :D
I hope we get a chance to see that Oshie/Yoshi Sig. 8-[

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

lol!

http://www.cafepress.com/gizmogadget.132553053

What Would Lee Stempniak Do? T - shirt.

lol!

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

JCShutout wrote:lol!

http://www.cafepress.com/gizmogadget.132553053

What Would Lee Stempniak Do? T - shirt.

lol!
You getting one JC. I guess someone over at LGB made those?

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:lol!

http://www.cafepress.com/gizmogadget.132553053

What Would Lee Stempniak Do? T - shirt.

lol!
You getting one JC. I guess someone over at LGB made those?
I'll add it to my list of shirts to think about. I still have to get my "South Korea's got Seoul" shirt

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

JCShutout wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JCShutout wrote:lol!

http://www.cafepress.com/gizmogadget.132553053

What Would Lee Stempniak Do? T - shirt.

lol!
You getting one JC. I guess someone over at LGB made those?
I'll add it to my list of shirts to think about. I still have to get my "South Korea's got Seoul" shirt
Ha, I saw that one.

I just got a 'Jesse and the Rippers,' shirt and a 'St. Dorothy Mantooth' shirt.

Post Reply