don't quit. how else am i going to interact with your dad?heyzeus wrote:This makes a tremendous amount of sense to me, and I've often thought the same things. Seems like you're making the right call for you.Jocephus wrote:i dunno...just dont see what utility facebook serves anymore. i dont like the overabundance of ads, i dont care anymore about the completely inane aspects of peoples lives (and i include myself in this as i put plenty of inane stuff on facebook), i dont want to be 80 and still having facebook in my life...everything thats mentioned in here as garbage...i want to go back to a world without facebook (for me)...im not interesting...the feeling of "keeping up with the jones'"...i dont care/like knowing/hearing my friends political persuasions, even if i agree, or their religious affiliations or what they think is right and wrong after every stupid silly non-important aspect of life and/or american culture...and there is such a script to facebook anymore
im not an anti-gov't honk who is "they are stealing my info, looking at all my stuff!" person but i do think there is something ot putting that stuff "out there". it really irks me more on the commercial side...companies just get that stuff for free...and while i could say i "like" nike apparel its really just then allows them to advertise to me in a new way, which i do not care for. similar to why i would never allow a dealership to put their logo on the car i purchase from them (unless they want to pay me).
im sure im hypocritical in some aspect of my "decision" but i just want a clean break i guess...and not logging on isn't enough, its too easy to just click back in...i need it gone
Garbage on Facebook
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Garbage on Facebook
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Garbage on Facebook
I have facebook only because I didn't want to put in the effort to deleting my profile. I hadn't used it in years. But, AW jr started going to this little dayschool and the teacher has this private page set up so no one can see it unless they're invited and the teachers use it a lot to put pictures during the day of stuff going on and communicate important info with all the parents. It's like a little blog where everyone can talk and stay relatively connected.
So...I guess my point is, huh, I found a use for it. I'm sure you could use other mediums to do all the same thing. But, this seems to work rather well and, as noted, almost everyone has facebook now and it's pretty easy/convenient.
So...I guess my point is, huh, I found a use for it. I'm sure you could use other mediums to do all the same thing. But, this seems to work rather well and, as noted, almost everyone has facebook now and it's pretty easy/convenient.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Garbage on Facebook
basically don't advertise on facebook
[/youtube]
[/youtube]
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Garbage on Facebook
IF I SEE THIS SHOW UP ON MY NEWSFEED ONE MORE TIME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Garbage on Facebook
You are friends with bad people.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Garbage on Facebook
ive started a purge because of it.
it's like the facebook equivalent of THE WAVE
it's like the facebook equivalent of THE WAVE
- letsgocards89
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3654
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:35 pm
- Location: Too close for missiles, switching to guns
Re: Garbage on Facebook
It's gonna be May! And in May is.....
MOTHER'S DAY!

MOTHER'S DAY!

- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Garbage on Facebook
My dad just posted this on facebook. Super awesome, y'all.


- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Garbage on Facebook
Your Dad is making my Dad look like he marched on Selma.


