Page 15 of 85
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 1 13, 3:56 pm
by Socnorb11
Radbird wrote:What else did you expect from the Daily Kommunist?
Which part do you disagree with, specifically?
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 2 13, 8:48 am
by MrSaigon
So it's not very good, is it? Looks like, without employer help, it would cost me about $3-5k for my family a year. And a 30-40% copay rather sucks for a Type I Diabetic. I don't know how good this plan would be with devices (I'd love to get a pump), or things like test strips (insurance companies love to cover as few of those as possible, but it's super fun waiting on hold while they pass you around to five different people to ultimately tell you three a day is what you get).
But at least it's an option for me, those can be hard to come by for Type Ones outside of a group.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 2 13, 9:14 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Good luck Saigon. I hope you get a good plan that is affordable and covers everything you need. I have had my doctors question me in the past about how many times I check a day, and even had one tell me that's unnecessary (6 times x 31 days = 186 strips = the 200 strips a month) so I had to switch doctors.
Hopefully once your coverage is all set up and you get everything figured out, you'll be able to find helpful doctors that are on your side and not the insurance company's.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 2 13, 9:16 am
by Socnorb11
$4000 per year is pretty reasonable, in today's market. I pay almost that out of pocket, and my employer pays a good chunk of mine beyond that.
But yeah, the 30-40% co-pay is a bummer. There's an out-of-pocket max though, isn't there?
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 2 13, 9:27 am
by MrSaigon
Socnorb11 wrote:$4000 per year is pretty reasonable, in today's market. I pay almost that out of pocket, and my employer pays a good chunk of mine beyond that.
But yeah, the 30-40% co-pay is a bummer. There's an out-of-pocket max though, isn't there?
It's pretty damn high, and all beyond the premium.
I appreciate the concern, but I'm decently covered now through work--I shouldn't have made it sound like I'm not, though that was true not long ago. It might be tricky to figure out starting my own business and living in Oregon, though (to be fair that was always true and may be a little heavy-handed to say, but I kind of had hopes when things with ACA first started rolling, though).
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 3 13, 8:53 am
by heyzeus
Two days in, and we still can't even log in to the ACA website to even see what the offerings are in our state. Like Yogi Berra said, that place is too crowded, nobody goes there anymore. Sure would be nice if the tech support people weren't all on indefinite unpaid leave so they could get some extra servers up and running.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 3 13, 8:58 am
by IMADreamer
I wouldn't at all be shocked if the Tea Party didn't hire some hacking thing to do a big denial of service attack on the ACA site to make the President look bad. /wingnut conspiracy theory.
I was on it yesterday btw. I'm excited.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 3 13, 8:58 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
Yeah - i got the feeling this would be a cluster when they brought it online. This shutdown just adds to it. I think in a 6-8 weeks it will have worked itself out.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 3 13, 9:12 am
by ghostrunner
I poked around the site the other day and it was more impressive than I was expecting. Especially on a phone. Good information and well organized. Didn't try to apply or anything though.
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Posted: October 3 13, 1:16 pm
by Cole Burns
Guys, facebook tells me the 28th amendment says that congress can't pass a law that doesn't apply to them and teh Obamakare doesn't!!!1!!!! Ohs, noes!!!
I'm just about up to here with idiots on social media with their cut-and-paste.