Page 15 of 43
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 11:16 am
by GeddyWrox
I hate the Patriots more than any team in football. My hatred is to a level that's mildly unhealthy. I hate the idea of Seattle repeating, but I hate the idea of Bellicheat and Prettyboy Tom winning another superbowl 1000 times more. I hope the score is 198-0.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 11:22 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
GeddyWrox wrote:I hate the Patriots more than any team in football. My hatred is to a level that's mildly unhealthy. I hate the idea of Seattle repeating, but I hate the idea of Bellicheat and Prettyboy Tom winning another superbowl 1000 times more. I hope the score is 198-0.
I agree. Can the patriots do anything that doesn't leave a cloud of suspicion in the wake? Video taping rams practices, underinflated balls, the tuck rule which has since been abandoned, etc etc etc. [expletive] cheaters. I don't hate Seattle as much as I do the patriots but I don't want them to repeat. I don't want the pats to ever win again. So, in the end, I guess I'm rooting for Seattle but my want to see this game is about nil. I'd guess it'll be a good game, and I don't care. Just blah.
As an aside, the seahawks opened as 2.5 point favorites (what what what!) and the line has since moved to a pick. Can't remember the last pick superbowl we had....
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:04 pm
by Socnorb11
Last year's was close to a pick. Seattle started as 2.5 favorites, but by game time the line had moved to Denver being 2.5 favorites.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:09 pm
by cardinalkarp
Not a fan of either the Seahawks or the Patriots, but I hate the Patriots more. I guess we should realize how fans of other baseball teams feel when it comes to the Cardinals. It doesn't really seem to matter what kind of turnover of players they have the team just churns out winning team after winning team.
And hate the Hawks or not, give the guys some credit for never cashing it in even when you knew nearly every person watching figured the game was over and then making the plays that HAD to be made to win the game.
They may have looked like [expletive] for 55 minutes of that football game, but that 5 minutes that Green Bay sat back thinking the game was already there's and the determination of the opposing team cost Green Bay a trip to the Super Bowl.
And please someone explain to me how a tightend in the NFL can have a ball go right through his hands and hit him right in the GD head when the ball is RIGHT TO HIM on the biggest play of his career?
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:19 pm
by Freed Roger
Is it legal in NFL for lineman to plow into back of the pile - pushing their RB forward? Seattle does it every running play. Saw NE gain a first down on a Brady sneak that way as well.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:23 pm
by Socnorb11
cardinalkarp wrote: And hate the Hawks or not, give the guys some credit for never cashing it in even when you knew nearly every person watching figured the game was over and then making the plays that HAD to be made to win the game.
A large group of their fans cashed it in and left, though.
How many fans left Game 6?
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:34 pm
by Freed Roger
Socnorb11 wrote:cardinalkarp wrote: And hate the Hawks or not, give the guys some credit for never cashing it in even when you knew nearly every person watching figured the game was over and then making the plays that HAD to be made to win the game.
A large group of their fans cashed it in and left, though.
How many fans left Game 6?
Fans leaving early happens a lot. A good chunk of fans for any team that go to this level of games are morons - willing to pay large price to get in to feel important and part of something. They are also the first to bail.
I think we've all been to big sporting events and experienced this phenomena. Just look at the Marlins guy prick in WS - kings ransom to sit behind homeplate and look like an idiot and not watch the game.
That's just the way it goes and maybe these folks help prop the leagues up in some regards. It's definitely within their rights to leave games early - which probably goes without saying.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 12:40 pm
by cardinalkarp
Freed Roger wrote:Socnorb11 wrote:cardinalkarp wrote: And hate the Hawks or not, give the guys some credit for never cashing it in even when you knew nearly every person watching figured the game was over and then making the plays that HAD to be made to win the game.
A large group of their fans cashed it in and left, though.
How many fans left Game 6?
[img][img]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7qywWdCAAAnPj8.jpg[/img][/[/img]
Fans leaving early happens a lot. A good chunk of fans for any team that go to this level of games are morons - willing to pay large price to get in to feel important and part of something. They are also the first to bail.
I think we've all been to big sporting events and experienced this phenomena. Just look at the Marlins guy prick in WS - kings ransom to sit behind homeplate and look like an idiot and not watch the game.
That's just the way it goes and maybe these folks help prop the leagues up in some regards. It's definitely within their rights to leave games early - which probably goes without saying.
I was more referring to the players, fans do it all the time....nothing surprising there.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 19 15, 8:23 pm
by obucard
Re: NFL Playoffs 2015
Posted: January 20 15, 7:15 am
by lukethedrifter
Freed Roger wrote:Is it legal in NFL for lineman to plow into back of the pile - pushing their RB forward? Seattle does it every running play. Saw NE gain a first down on a Brady sneak that way as well.
It certainly used to be a penalty but I have seen it quite a bit in the last few seasons.
Apparently just deemphasized for some reason. Here's a Ravens thread on it.
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic ... altons-td/