2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:Will Alexei Cherepanov still be around for the Blues?
Word is he'll be difficult to sign.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

thrill wrote:I don't want Sutter. This organization has plenty of second liners.
In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there. Sutter wouldn't be a flashy 100 point player, but his intangibles and hockey sense project him to be a solid line 1-2 guy, and a team leader type... I mean come on, Oshie isn't a sure fire first liner ether. I mean, he's projected (by most) to be gone around 15th, so it isn't a super reach.
Last edited by JCShutout on June 21 07, 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brodie
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6190
Joined: April 24 06, 7:45 am
Location: Snow
Contact:

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by Brodie »

I want someone good

-Brodie

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by thrill »

JCShutout wrote:In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there.
I feel you, which is why I wouldn't be adverse to trading up.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

FWIW, Eklund just said that the Blues are close to acquiring a goaltender in this latest blog.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8130

Also, Strickland's latest.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8132

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

thrill wrote:
JCShutout wrote:In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there.
I feel you, which is why I wouldn't be adverse to trading up.
Yeah, I could totally see us trading up, but I was guessing, assuming we didn't trade up or down, since its hard to predict a trade because trades are hard to make. I woulden't mind us trading down about 5 or 6 spots to grab Sutter or whomever (I trust Jarmo and the boys more than me) if we didn't like who was left at 9, but again, trades are tough to predict.

I hope we don't acquire a goalie, we don't need one with Manny, Cash, Schwartz, CBT and Bishop in NCAA. It sucks that we lost Baurlin (or however you spell it), he was probably ready to come over this year.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

stlmark wrote:FWIW, Eklund just said that the Blues are close to acquiring a goaltender in this latest blog.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8130

Also, Strickland's latest.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8132
Leik! OMG! I thinks like teh Stricklands!!!1! lolz!

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

This seems like your time of year, JC. :D

You seem pretty excited, I am too, looking forward to tonight.

User avatar
ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5526
Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

According to one of Eklund's previous postings, one of my favorite Blues may be returning.

All Hail ZEUS!

Image

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:This seems like your time of year, JC. :D

You seem pretty excited, I am too, looking forward to tonight.
I'm also way to excited for this draft. I planned to take my family down to Baltimore until I remembered it was draft day. :shock: I canceled it until next week. I can't miss the draft.

Post Reply