Page 16 of 28

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 21 07, 6:51 pm
by JCShutout
ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:Will Alexei Cherepanov still be around for the Blues?
Word is he'll be difficult to sign.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 21 07, 7:04 pm
by JCShutout
thrill wrote:I don't want Sutter. This organization has plenty of second liners.
In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there. Sutter wouldn't be a flashy 100 point player, but his intangibles and hockey sense project him to be a solid line 1-2 guy, and a team leader type... I mean come on, Oshie isn't a sure fire first liner ether. I mean, he's projected (by most) to be gone around 15th, so it isn't a super reach.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 21 07, 7:05 pm
by Brodie
I want someone good

-Brodie

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 21 07, 8:24 pm
by thrill
JCShutout wrote:In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there.
I feel you, which is why I wouldn't be adverse to trading up.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 21 07, 8:30 pm
by stlmark
FWIW, Eklund just said that the Blues are close to acquiring a goaltender in this latest blog.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8130

Also, Strickland's latest.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8132

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 22 07, 7:55 am
by JCShutout
thrill wrote:
JCShutout wrote:In another draft I would agree with the 9th overall pick that we should take a better player, but there might only be 4 or 5 sure fire first liners/first defensive pairings out there.
I feel you, which is why I wouldn't be adverse to trading up.
Yeah, I could totally see us trading up, but I was guessing, assuming we didn't trade up or down, since its hard to predict a trade because trades are hard to make. I woulden't mind us trading down about 5 or 6 spots to grab Sutter or whomever (I trust Jarmo and the boys more than me) if we didn't like who was left at 9, but again, trades are tough to predict.

I hope we don't acquire a goalie, we don't need one with Manny, Cash, Schwartz, CBT and Bishop in NCAA. It sucks that we lost Baurlin (or however you spell it), he was probably ready to come over this year.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 22 07, 7:59 am
by JCShutout
stlmark wrote:FWIW, Eklund just said that the Blues are close to acquiring a goaltender in this latest blog.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8130

Also, Strickland's latest.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8132
Leik! OMG! I thinks like teh Stricklands!!!1! lolz!

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 22 07, 8:16 am
by ToughGuy_BlueShirt
This seems like your time of year, JC. :D

You seem pretty excited, I am too, looking forward to tonight.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 22 07, 9:30 am
by ZigZagCardsFan
According to one of Eklund's previous postings, one of my favorite Blues may be returning.

All Hail ZEUS!

Image

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: June 22 07, 10:04 am
by stlmark
ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:This seems like your time of year, JC. :D

You seem pretty excited, I am too, looking forward to tonight.
I'm also way to excited for this draft. I planned to take my family down to Baltimore until I remembered it was draft day. :shock: I canceled it until next week. I can't miss the draft.