Page 17 of 33
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 11:44 am
by Michael
I know everyone in this thread was waiting on my car decision with bated breath. I now have an update. I ended up getting a Subaru Forster. I was able to get it for MSRP which weirdly feels like a win. I really like the Forester but I mainly got it because it didn't really have any strong negatives like some of the other contenders. The CX-5 had terrible seats, Rav4's were way over MSRP, Hyundai was too big, etc. My will be a green touring trim (loaded) with a saddle interior. I'm happy with my purchase, but I'm mostly glad its over with. I should get delivery in 8-12 weeks.
This thread can get back to talking about cool cars now. Thank you for your time.

Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 12:16 pm
by cardinalkarp
Michael wrote: ↑February 9 22, 11:44 am
I know everyone in this thread was waiting on my car decision with bated breath. I now have an update. I ended up getting a Subaru Forster. I was able to get it for MSRP which weirdly feels like a win. I really like the Forester but I mainly got it because it didn't really have any strong negatives like some of the other contenders. The CX-5 had terrible seats, Rav4's were way over MSRP, Hyundai was too big, etc. My will be a green touring trim (loaded) with a saddle interior. I'm happy with my purchase, but I'm mostly glad its over with. I should get delivery in 8-12 weeks.
This thread can go back to talking about cool cars now. Thank you for your time.
Very nice!! I’m trying to ride my car out as long as possible but something like that may be in the cards for my next vehicle because of it’s versatility.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much was it?
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 12:27 pm
by Michael
Thanks! MSRP is 35,295. With tax, fees and a few minor extras it comes out to roughly 40.6k. It's the top trim, so it's loaded.
The sales person just called me - looks like delivery will be in June. Wooboy the car market sucks.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 1:10 pm
by Radbird
Congrats! We have had 3 Subarus in the family (‘20 Legacy for us, ‘07 Impreza and ‘17 Forester for the kid) with no major complaints.
Touring models are sweet. We got the Limited edition and are very happy with it.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 1:30 pm
by cardinalkarp
Michael wrote: ↑February 9 22, 12:27 pm
Thanks! MSRP is 35,295. With tax, fees and a few minor extras it comes out to roughly 40.6k. It's the top trim, so it's loaded.
The sales person just called me - looks like delivery will be in June. Wooboy the car market sucks.
Yikes….that’s quite the wait!!
That’s actually not too bad for a fully loaded vehicle like that, but still a bit of sticker shock. It’s been 8 years since I’ve bought a vehicle and for a Mazda 6 touring (which isn’t the fully loaded model, but step below) and paid 24K for it….so car prices are definitely a bit crazy.
Congrats on the new purchase, always great getting a new car.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 9 22, 2:45 pm
by Michael
Radbird wrote: ↑February 9 22, 1:10 pm
Congrats! We have had 3 Subarus in the family (‘20 Legacy for us, ‘07 Impreza and ‘17 Forester for the kid) with no major complaints.
Touring models are sweet. We got the Limited edition and are very happy with it.
That's the thing about Subarus. People that buy them love them. We have a really challenging alleyway with speed bumps and it doesn't get shoveled. Cars get stuck back there all the time. It shouldn't be a problem with the Forester!
The limiteds are clearly the smart money buy. I decided to get the touring because I fully expect to own it for the next 10-15 years. When you spread the costs over that time it's worth it to me. The price sure beats getting a Lexus!
cardinalkarp wrote: ↑February 9 22, 1:30 pm
That’s actually not too bad for a fully loaded vehicle like that, but still a bit of sticker shock.
Yeah, I'm spending more then I wanted but that's the market. I wanted to spend closer to 30-35k. However, we live in a world where
the avg car costs 45k! Even when the car market cools I suspect prices aren't going to go down like some people expect. I've read going forward manufactures are going to focus on lower inventory and higher margins. You kinda have to adjust your expectations. I know I had to.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: February 10 22, 8:18 pm
by Radbird
I hope this doesn’t push your June date back even further….
Meanwhile, at least you didn’t buy a Hyundai or Kia.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: May 14 22, 3:14 pm
by IMADreamer
We are having some serious car bad luck at our house. My Wife and Mom went to dinner today and while they were inside a semi truck crashes off the highway, t bones my wife's Civic and smashes it into like 7 other cars in the row. The driver of the semi had a heart attack is what the police think. My wife's car is for sure totaled. I think like 4 of the other cars were too.
So we are now down to my 2006 Cobalt and my Viper. We leave for vacation in three weeks so we kind of need something else. I was holding off replacing the Audi until the market cooled a bit but we definitely need something with more than two doors now.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: September 15 22, 8:32 am
by Popeye_Card
This may go down as one of the dumbest decisions I've ever made, but we are closing in on purchasing a 2016 Jaguar F-Type R, convertible.
Pros: 550 hp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, an absolute joy to drive, look at, and listen to. The car is in immaculate condition for being 6 years old. These cars are a great bargain currently for the performance you get for the price.
Cons: It's a Jag, so I still have this nagging fear that it will spend half of it's life in the shop and take a heavy toll on my wallet. It has zero cargo capacity (well not technically zero, but the total trunk space is approximately the same as the carry-on size checker at the airport). It is a car that could become a collector in the future due to the styling and performance, however the current market just shows massive amounts of depreciation. There's a flattening of the curve around that 5-7 year point, but they've only been out since 2014 so it is tough to judge the long-term market.
- [SHOW]


If we end up pulling the trigger on this deal, remind me to come back to this thread next year to admit to how stupid I am.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Posted: September 15 22, 9:01 am
by IMADreamer
Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 15 22, 8:32 am
This may go down as one of the dumbest decisions I've ever made, but we are closing in on purchasing a 2016 Jaguar F-Type R, convertible.
Pros: 550 hp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, an absolute joy to drive, look at, and listen to. The car is in immaculate condition for being 6 years old. These cars are a great bargain currently for the performance you get for the price.
Cons: It's a Jag, so I still have this nagging fear that it will spend half of it's life in the shop and take a heavy toll on my wallet. It has zero cargo capacity (well not technically zero, but the total trunk space is approximately the same as the carry-on size checker at the airport). It is a car that could become a collector in the future due to the styling and performance, however the current market just shows massive amounts of depreciation. There's a flattening of the curve around that 5-7 year point, but they've only been out since 2014 so it is tough to judge the long-term market.
- [SHOW]


If we end up pulling the trigger on this deal, remind me to come back to this thread next year to admit to how stupid I am.
That's awesome. Do it!