GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
User avatar
doe_boy
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10738
Joined: April 25 06, 9:48 am
Location: Appleton, WI

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by doe_boy »

Cuck the Fubs! We got us a brand new rivalry goin' on here!

User avatar
vinsanity
Chili dog truther
Posts: 8836
Joined: July 3 06, 2:19 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by vinsanity »

Jmodene wrote:
slide_into_first wrote:Who's managing if Tony is gone?
I assume Oquendo and Duncan share managing duties when TLR is gone; I heard the Reds announcers say Chris Speier is now managing the Reds. BTW, he's a former Cardinal.
Petini. Tony from the clubhouse.

User avatar
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
Posts: 14433
Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by slide_into_first »

Jmodene wrote:
slide_into_first wrote:Who's managing if Tony is gone?
I assume Oquendo and Duncan share managing duties when TLR is gone; I heard the Reds announcers say Chris Speier is now managing the Reds. BTW, he's a former Cardinal.
Should be Miles.

Soupsgrill
Everyday Player
Posts: 494
Joined: May 25 07, 8:13 pm
Location: Behind the Cardinal's Bullpen

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Soupsgrill »

Didn't John Smoltz start the complaining about the balls not being rubbed up correctly? Even the Reds employee said the balls that they showed him weren't the same as the ones he rubbed up for the game.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Socnorb11 »

Jmodene wrote:
slide_into_first wrote:Who's managing if Tony is gone?
I assume Oquendo and Duncan share managing duties when TLR is gone; I heard the Reds announcers say Chris Speier is now managing the Reds. BTW, he's a former Cardinal.
Brandon Phillips hates him.

User avatar
Zomby Woof
All-Star
Posts: 1478
Joined: February 9 10, 10:33 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Zomby Woof »

A hit on the hand could be just as damaging to his career. humbling him without turning him into a vegatible in the process.

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by fanforever »

vinsanity wrote:
Jmodene wrote:
slide_into_first wrote:Who's managing if Tony is gone?
I assume Oquendo and Duncan share managing duties when TLR is gone; I heard the Reds announcers say Chris Speier is now managing the Reds. BTW, he's a former Cardinal.
Petini. Tony from the clubhouse.
Tony should try the Bobby valentine disguise

Image

User avatar
Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
Posts: 15528
Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Jmodene »

Being a vegetable might be an upgrade for Phillips.

BTW, Garcia has retired the first six Reds in order. And I love that Yadi hit a homer in *his* first AB.

JS04
All-Star
Posts: 1258
Joined: March 3 09, 4:20 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by JS04 »

Been a long time (probably those Prior/Wood Cubs teams) since I wanted the Cards to beat a team this much..

Maybe the Brewers untucking crew...but they were never a real threat..

Let's embarrass these guys and sweep em into 2nd place..

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43272
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by heyzeus »

The Yadi homer tonight has to be one of the top moments of the Cardinals' season. That was delightful.

Locked