Page 17 of 353
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:08 pm
by Jocephus
the higher ups at CMU are expecting a partial closure, at least, at some point...our spring break is next week and we have a lot of students from CA and other west coast states. virus hasn't hit mesa county yet but i'm sure it's on it's way since CO seems to be getting a lot of cases lately, and gov declared emergency, etc.
seems like faculty are being kept in loop as far as procedures to convert to online etc but staff, i.e. me, aren't getting info for what we should be doing. luckily, my office works with higher ups so get a bit more info than most but it's very possible they'll have staff work at home too. somethings gonna happen, will just have to wait and see how severe it gets.
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:18 pm
by wart57
My Kids have spring break next week, so I have a feeling they are hoping to make it through that before they have to do anything.
My company could let us start working from home - but they will probably wait until someone dies before they do that.
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:41 pm
by wart57
Just heard on the radio they are going to hold the NCAA basketball tournament, but the games will be played with no fans allowed to attend...

Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:42 pm
by Leroy
So I got a call from an elderly woman nearly panicked as she needs her tax return done before the virus reaches South Dakota. I told her Friday was the earliest I could be there and she almost started crying.
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:44 pm
by Jocephus
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 2:50 pm
by Leroy
This is how the terrorists win.
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 3:23 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
Leroy wrote: ↑March 11 20, 2:50 pm
This is how the terrorists win.
Really.
Stay calm. Carry on. Assume you will get sick. Make arrangements. Get better. Go back to work.
And let me tell you, if I was in a nursing home and knew it might release me from this hell hole, buddy, bring it on. We all got to go sometime.
That's not too hard is it?
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 3:26 pm
by Leroy
Oh, I'm calm. Even though I heard South Dakota now has 8 confirmed cases. That's like a third of the population.
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 4:28 pm
by planet planet
The US is considering travel restrictions for Europe? Does that screw up your trip, Geddy?
Re: Coronavirus
Posted: March 11 20, 4:32 pm
by Jocephus