Oscar Taveras

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
Post Reply
phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming
Posts: 12082
Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by phins »

Swirls wrote:What happened to Las Vegas and Salt Lake City? I remember Albuquerque and those two were the launching pads like Springfield.
Las Vegas had a 101 for HR's last year and Salt Lake a 109.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

He just blasted another 3 run dinger

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Fat Strat »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:He just blasted another 3 run dinger
#1 prospect in baseball by season's end. I'm calling it now.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming
Posts: 12082
Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by phins »

Fat Strat wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:He just blasted another 3 run dinger
#1 prospect in baseball by season's end. I'm calling it now.
Dylan Bundy, Manny Machado, Jurickson Profar, Taijuan Walker, Oscar Taveras, Bryan Buxton, Julio Teheran, Archie Bradley, Jameson Taillon, Gerrit Cole will probably be close to your top-10.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24271
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Fat Strat wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:He just blasted another 3 run dinger
#1 prospect in baseball by season's end. I'm calling it now.
Does he wear #5 for his September call up?

jerbyrd25
Everyday Player
Posts: 364
Joined: May 4 10, 6:05 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by jerbyrd25 »

phins wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:He just blasted another 3 run dinger
#1 prospect in baseball by season's end. I'm calling it now.
Dylan Bundy, Manny Machado, Jurickson Profar, Taijuan Walker, Oscar Taveras, Bryan Buxton, Julio Teheran, Archie Bradley, Jameson Taillon, Gerrit Cole will probably be close to your top-10.

I don't know if anyone has been following him, but Billy Hamilton is probably the most exciting minor leaguer I have ever followed as well.


Snippet from an article:

Billy Hamilton has reached on eight infield singles. He has been thrown out by infielders 14 times. When Billy Hamilton hits the ball on the ground to an infielder, and the infielder fields the ball cleanly, Billy Hamilton is hitting .364.

He also reached on an error. So when Billy Hamilton hits the ball at an infielder, he reaches nearly 40 percent of the time.

Billy Hamilton has also reached on a catcher's throwing error on a third strike.

He has also advanced on a catcher's throwing error, and on a pitcher's errant pickoff attempt.

He has scored on a fielder's choice when the catcher dropped a throw home.

Billy Hamilton has advanced seven bases on wild pitches.

Pitchers have committed three balks while Billy Hamilton was on base.

Billy Hamilton has scored from third when the catcher threw to first to complete another batter's strikeout.

And Billy Hamilton scored the walk-off run on April 20 on a sacrific fly. To the second baseman.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=16736

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming
Posts: 12082
Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by phins »

Good call. He'll be on there if his numbers prove to be more than league aided. He's most likely an OF'er in the end though.

Bauer will probably too many innings to be on the list.

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by cards2468 »

I like Billy Hamilton, but he's heavily aided by being around inferior infielders (compared to the bigs) and he doesn't have a position yet.

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by BW23 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:He just blasted another 3 run dinger
#1 prospect in baseball by season's end. I'm calling it now.
Does he wear #5 for his September call up?
I'd reserve that for Wong.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Blasted another 3 run bomb again today.

Post Reply