Page 18 of 26

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 17 22, 10:22 am
by mikechamp
MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑
June 16 22, 9:27 am
That ball was obliterated.

How did the announcer know how far it had traveled just 12 seconds after he made contact? That seems incredibly fast for AA ball.

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 17 22, 1:55 pm
by phins
mikechamp wrote: ↑
June 17 22, 10:22 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑
June 16 22, 9:27 am
That ball was obliterated.

How did the announcer know how far it had traveled just 12 seconds after he made contact? That seems incredibly fast for AA ball.
The park they play in is the same stadium that Missouri State plays in and is equipped with TrackMan, which gives instant data.

Missouri State uses TrackMan heavily in their training.

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 18 22, 2:11 pm
by CardsofSTL
I saw this pic on my news feed and thought it was Vince Coleman.


Image

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 11:41 am
by Big Amoco Sign
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 18 22, 2:11 pm
I saw this pic on my news feed and thought it was Vince Coleman.
Eeesh

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 11:42 am
by Big Amoco Sign

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 5:41 pm
by CardsofSTL
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 11:41 am
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 18 22, 2:11 pm
I saw this pic on my news feed and thought it was Vince Coleman.
Eeesh
What.

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 7:04 pm
by cardsfantx
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 5:41 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 11:41 am
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 18 22, 2:11 pm
I saw this pic on my news feed and thought it was Vince Coleman.
Eeesh
What.
Basically BAS is saying if you think one black person looks like another black person it’s racist

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 7:37 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
cardsfantx wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 7:04 pm
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 5:41 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑
June 21 22, 11:41 am
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
June 18 22, 2:11 pm
I saw this pic on my news feed and thought it was Vince Coleman.
Eeesh
What.
Basically BAS is saying if you think one black person looks like another black person it’s racist
So should I be offended when a black person tells me I look like somebody? I mean, I'm often mistook for Tom Cruise. I don't think that's racist.

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 21 22, 9:24 pm
by CardsofSTL
Well...I wouldn't want to offend anyone so allow me to elaborate.

I was thumb scrolling through my news feed and saw a player that looked to be in an 80s pullover jersey with a double ear flap helmet running hard down a baseline. In my lifetime; the Cardinals player I most associate with speed on the basepaths and especially that would be in an 80s jersey with a double ear flap helmet is Vince Coleman. So I thought there was some kind of news about Vince. So I stopped the scroll and rolled back up. Then I said Oh..that's a Springfield jersey. And that is not Vince Coleman.

But it struck me that my brain immediately went to my childhood fandom and thought it must be Coleman. So I shared the picture without really explaining the whole phenomenon.

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Posted: June 28 22, 11:24 am
by Big Amoco Sign